Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Emergency Medical Associates (EMA), an Envision Physician Services Provider, is seeking a full-time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to staff the Emergency Department at Saint Peter’s Hospital located in Albany, New York.Envision Physician Services is a dynamic, physician-led organization which has been offering exceptional career opportunities since 1972. With more than 14,000 affiliated providers coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally-recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported through innovation, integration and exceptional leadership. Whether you are considering full-time, part-time or independent contractor opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an industry-leader who delivers a vast array of benefits unmatched within the industry, including: Physician-led organization Strong leadership on a local, regional and national level Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services Optimal staffing ratios and flexible scheduling options “A” rated professional liability insurance Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast Competitive compensation including several benefit options Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs Colleague referral bonus program *Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status
St. Peter’s Hospital, the flagship hospital and an affiliate of St. Peter’s Health Partners, is the largest Catholic acute care community hospital in northeastern New York state. The hospital, founded in 1869 by the Religious Sisters of Mercy, is a voluntary, not-for-profit community tertiary hospital with 442 beds, more than 900 staff physicians, and nearly 6,000 employees.
U.S. News & World Report has awarded St. Peter’s Hospital the highest ranking in the Capital Region and one of the highest rankings in New York state for excellent quality of care. The eight “high performing” ratings, along with the hospital’s overall rating, led U.S. News & World Report to award St. Peter’s Hospital a “Best Regional Hospital” designation.
Emergency Department Profile
- 56,000 annual volume
- 42 ED beds
- 54 hours daily of Physician coverage
- 48 hours of APP coverage Monday-Friday, 40 hours of APP coverage on the weekends
- Dedicated pharmacists in the ED
- Scribes 24/7
- EDIMS EMR
- Nationally Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Physician Requirements: BC/BE in Emergency Medicine or BC/BE in FM or IM with significant emergency medicine experience.
Albany is New York’s state capital and the second oldest surviving settlement from the original 13 colonies. Located just 3 hours from NYC, Boston and Montreal, residents of Albany are able to enjoy diverse cultures and geographic regions.
- Recreational offerings include boating, fishing, skiing, snowboarding, snow-shoeing, hiking and biking
- Close proximity to Baseball Hall of Fame, Adirondacks, Catskill Mountain ranges and Saratoga Springs
- Cultural offerings include museums, art galleries, eclectic restaurants, historic sites, aquatic duck tours, trolley tours, boutiques and more
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|