Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner needed in VA Central Iowa HCS, Des Moines, IA
The VA Central Iowa HCS is seeking a congenial and supportive Physician and Nurse Practitioner, both full-time to serve at, VA Central Iowa Medical Center located in Des Moines, IA. Physician Must be BE or BC in Psychiatry. Nurse Practitioner must Certified in Psychiatric Mental Health. We are seeking Clinicians with:
- Strong clinical backgrounds and the ability to work fully independently
- Strong backgrounds in the diagnosis of psychiatric disorders and psychopharmacological treatments as well as familiarity with other treatment modalities to order non-pharmacological treatments
- Ability to type and use electronic medical records.
- Ability to work well within a multidisciplinary team approach.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player that is flexible and has the ability to provide quality psychiatric care and a familiarity with working with Veterans with Mental Health and Substance use disorders.Come join our supportive and collegial team serving the world’s best patients.
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus!
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- Education Debt Reduction Program eligible
- Full benefits (see below)
- Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible
- CME benefits
- Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Physician Employment Contracts!
- Full time
- Staffing: 7.4 Psychiatrist and 7 NP’s
- Hours and Shifts: 8 AM – 4:30 PM
- Patient Load: 8-12 New and follow-up patients
- Call: 4 to 5 weeks per year. Call is 1 week at a time
- Notes: private office
Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 208 Hours paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 104 Hours paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over! Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Paid federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service
For more information or to apply e-mail your CV to:
CHARLES D. LONG, U.S. Army (Retired)
National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant
National Healthcare Recruitment Services
Mobile: (781) 589-1291
The Best Care and the Best Careers…The mission of the Veterans Healthcare System is to serve the needs of America's veterans by providing primary care, specialized care, and related medical and social support services. To accomplish this mission, the VA needs to be a comprehensive, integrated healthcare system that provides excellence in health care value, excellence in service as defined by its customers, and excellence in education and research, and needs to be an organization characterized by exceptional accountability and by being an employer of choice.
The VA Central Iowa Health Care System (VACIHCS) operates a Veterans Health Administration (VHA) medical facility in Des Moines, with Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in Mason City, Fort Dodge, Knoxville, Marshalltown and Carroll. The medical center provides acute and specialized medical and surgical services, residential outpatient treatment programs in substance abuse and post-traumatic stress and a full range of mental health and long-term care services, as well as sub-acute and restorative rehabilitation services and a domiciliary.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|