Nurse Practioner- Adult Psychiatry
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner for our Annex located in Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana working with an adult population.
- Provide an array of nursing care services and related functions as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Actively collaborate with staff psychiatrists in assessing and monitoring clients' physical and mental health status.
- Provide direct nursing care using advanced scientific knowledge, nursing theory and skills to: identify abnormal conditions, diagnose health problems, develop and implement treatment plans, and evaluate patient outcomes.
- Assess, collect and perform patient/client physical examinations using a systematic approach, demonstrating knowledge of the principals of growth and development across the lifespan.
- Make differential diagnoses of symptoms, functional problems, and risk behaviors, including non-disease-based etiologies.
- Integrate the unique needs of patient/client and family by developing interventions to enhance intended and to prevent unintended consequences.
- Partner with patient and significant others to develop a health plan.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a master's degree in nursing from a Nurse Practitioner program.
- Must be eligible for, or have prescriptive authority under the criteria outlined by the Indiana State Board of Nursing.
- Current license as a registered nurse in the state of Indiana, or eligible for Indiana licensure.
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner certification. Prefer two years psych experience.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401k with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, three professional references, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.
Meridian Health Services is a progressive healthcare organization specializing in “whole person” health, integrating physical, mental and social well-being. The focus on a broader spectrum of health including primary medical care, behavioral health and human services offers a well-rounded approach for happier, healthier patients. Meridian Health Services has been serving the community for over 35 years and is accredited by the Joint Commission and certified by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addictions.
There’s a genuine personality that translates into authentic experiences for those visiting Indiana. Here, travelers can spend their days paddling a winding river, fishing an inland lake or browsing the shops on Main Street. They can enjoy homegrown produce – and get to know the growers – at our farmer's markets, eateries and vineyards. World-class cities offer internationally renowned museums, performing arts venues and high-energy sporting events – all paired with friendliness as an added bonus. They can visit a bustling capital city, sunbathe beneath the soaring sand dunes, climb the highest hilltops or explore the deepest depths beneath the surface of the earth. Anywhere travelers go in Indiana, they’ll encounter genuine people and experiences. Even the busiest attractions aim to satisfy and delight because in Indiana, more than anywhere else, hospitality matters. That’s real. That’s Honest-to-Goodness Indiana.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|