Emergency Medicine Nurse Practitioner
Reading Hospital is currently seeking Nurse Practitioners to join our expanding Emergency Department. The ED Nurse Practitioners assist the Emergency Medicine physicians in evaluating and treating patients with diagnoses that include, but are not limited to, orthopedics, general surgery, and pediatrics.
Our Emergency Department is housed in our brand new, state-of-the-art facility for comprehensive surgical and patient care that provides an unparalleled patient experience in one of the most technologically advanced healthcare centers in the region.
Preferred candidates will have the ability to handle fast pace, high volume of patients; minimum of two years' experience in emergency medicine is preferred, but we will consider new graduates with excellent credentials.
About the Emergency Department:
- Pennsylvania's busiest ED with 50 physicians & 25 Advanced Practitioners, treating over 133,000 patients annually.
- Pediatric and Adult Intermediate/Fast Tract
- Over 100 specialty and multi-purpose treatment rooms
- Emergency Residency Program planned for 2018
- Certified Chest Pain Center offers immediate cardiac evaluation of patients presenting with chest pain
- Ours is the only Joint Commission-certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center in Berks County
• Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
• MSN required
• Pennsylvania Registered Nurse License
• Pennsylvania Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner License
• CRNP Prescriptive Authority
Reading Hospital is a not-for-profit leading regional health system committed to advancing health and transforming lives of the people we serve. Through physician and staff commitment, we have established a culture of collaboration, professionalism, transparency and responsibility that allows us to deliver high-quality care through evidence-based medicine. Established as The Reading Dispensary in 1867, the 750+ bed Reading Hospital has since expanded into a leader in tertiary care for this region of Pennsylvania. As an Academic teaching hospital, residencies include Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, Osteopathy, Podiatry, and Pharmacy.
- Main West Reading campus is located in scenic Berks County
- 750+ acute beds, 22-building complex on 36 suburban acres
- Busiest emergency department in Pennsylvania with over 135,000 visits per year
- Level II Trauma Center
- Over 3,500 births annually; high-risk pre- and post-natal care; IVF and fertility services
- Level III NICU
- Miller Regional Heart Center - including cardiac surgery
- McGlinn Cancer Institute - recently recertified by the Commission on Cancer with a gold rating and reaccreditation by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) Certification Program
- Future site of Drexel University College of Medicine Branch Campus; Expected opening: Fall 2019
Moving Medicine Forward: Reading HealthPlex
Our newest expansion that recently opened in October of 2016; a 476,000 square foot surgical and inpatient tower, is Reading HealthPlex for Advanced Surgical & Patient Care. Now one of the most technologically advanced and sophisticated surgical centers in the region, this new facility features:
- 24 surgical suites, including six hybrid-capable operating rooms
- 8 minor procedure rooms
- 150 private patient rooms equipped with smart technology
- 16 new emergency treatment rooms and expansion to 5 trauma bays
- 88,000 square foot rooftop Healing Garden making up over 72% of the building’s overall footprint and the third largest green roof on a healthcare building in the United States.
Of the more than 30 awards, certifications and designations earned by Reading Hospital, just a few include HealthGrades™ Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row, as well as, their America’s 100 Best Specialty Care Hospitals for critical care, pulmonary care and stroke care award; The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval; recognized by Verras’ Medical Value Index as one of the 10 Best Hospitals in Pennsylvania for acute care; award winning hospital by The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association; Hospitals and health networks Healthcare’s Most Wired Award; and Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the 50 greenest hospitals in America.
Through the strategic initiatives of clinical integration, improving the patient experience, as well as, employee and provider engagement, and finally operational excellence; our Mission is to provide compassionate, accessible, high quality, cost effective health care to the community; to promote health; to educate healthcare professionals; and to participate in appropriate clinical research.
Reading Hospital is located in West Reading, Berks County, 60 miles northwest of Philadelphia. Reading is home to the Berks Jazz Fest, held annually for more than 25 years. At the downtown Santander Performing Arts Center, recognized as one of the top 100 concert venues in the US, you can see entertainers from Elton John to Jerry Seinfeld. The Reading Symphony Orchestra and Reading Choral Society offer more traditional performances, while every year, tens of thousands flock to Reading for World War II Weekend that features living history re-enactors, vintage WWII aircraft, and military vehicles. The Reading Public Museum , Arboretum, and Neag Planetarium, located immediately next to the hospital's campus in West Reading, offers historical and educational programs for families, adults, and children. GoggleWorks, a restored factory, is one of the largest, most comprehensive interactive community arts centers in the country. There they offer an exceptional opportunity for visitors to experience and learn about the arts in a working studio environment.
Berks County offers excellent schools, affordable homes, colleges and parks in addition to a multitude of cultural, recreational, shopping, sporting attractions and social amenities all within driving distance of shore points, Philadelphia, Washington, DC and New York City.
Check out the links below to learn more about West Reading and Berks County!
Tower Health brings together more than 11,000 dedicated team members, 2,000 nationally recognized physicians, specialists and providers across 65 convenient locations. Our collaborative clinical excellence is leading the healthcare transformation — which means our communities have expanded access to advanced, comprehensive care by renowned physicians, when and where they need it. Here, we know that advancing the quality of care will transform the quality of life.
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Tower Health was formed in October 2017.
With 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes six acute-care hospitals:
Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading
Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville
Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia
Jennersville Hospital in West Grove
Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville
Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown
Tower Health also includes:
Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing
Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences
Tower Health Medical Group; a physician network with 2,000 physicians, specialists and providers across 75 convenient locations
All Tower Health facilities participate in our provider-payer plan, Tower Health/UPMC Health Plan
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|