Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Nocturnist
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APP's that are provided to our physician providers.
Munson Grayling, a 120-bed, non-profit hospital in middle-northern Michigan, was recently recognized by the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health and iVantage Analytics for top performance and excellence in outcomes.
- Team of 4 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Specialty support to include Surgery, Ortho and Cardiac 3-days/week – consults done with Munson in Traverse City, MI
- Open ICU
- Procedures required: central lines and vent management
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Current, unrestricted license in MI and certification in AANP/ANCC or NCCPA; will consider family practice or geriatric certification with recent acute care experience
- Experienced hospitalist APP candidates only; no new grads; 2+ years acute care experience required
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
Location & Lifestyle
Grayling, known for its outdoor activities and laid-back lifestyle, this picturesque community is the small town everyone has been looking for. A perfect setting to raise a family, start or complete a career. Excellent housing options vary from historical homes to the privacy of rustic settings with excellent schools, shopping & recreational opportunities nearby. Outdoor Life is the name of the game – hiking, biking, and kayaking, canoeing, skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hunting, and fishing, are just 5 minutes away. Grayling also hosts the Au Sable River Canoe Marathon in July, the longest canoe race in North America since 1947. Recreational and leisure activities for the entire family. Museums, historic landmarks, golf courses, festivals, and endless year-round events offer the sort of lifestyle a family would want.