The Clinical Nurse Specialist is responsible for the management of comprehensive direct patient care, specifically patients on Ortho Spine. Manages clinical services, oversees, and exercises autonomous decision making. This position requires current Registered Advance Nurse Practitioner License and current BLS certification. Assess, plan, and evaluate patients, nursing personnel, and organization/network domains. This Nurse Practitioner will affect patient care by intervention in complex cases, providing support to nursing staff members, consulting, participating in multidisciplinary activities, designing and evaluating programs of care, and working on projects at the unit, department, division, institution, or network levels.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
1. Leading multidisciplinary groups in designing and implementing innovative solutions that address system problems and patient care issues.
2. Serving as a leader, consultant, mentor and change agent to achieve quality cost-effective outcomes.
3. Developing differential diagnoses and interventions to treat or prevent illness.
4. Developing criteria for and evaluating the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice and organizational systems.
5. Providing consultation to other nursing and health professional staff in an area of specialization, particularly for complex or critically ill patients.
6. Planning and implementing educational opportunities for health professional staff, patient's and communities.
This is a full time position with hourly compensation model and benefits package.
The Lakeview is a 128 bed facility with a full compliment of Cardiac, Orthopedics, and Women's services. The hospital was recently named as one of the "100 top Hospitals" in America by Solucient. In addition Healthgrades.com gave the hospitals "5-star" ratings in Cardiology, obstetrics, and pulmonary/respiratory care. Lakeview Hospital is committed to excellence in quality care and recognizes that part of that commitment includes attracting a highly skilled medical staff.
Nestled in the foothills of the majestic Wasatch Mountains, Bountiful City, Utah is a beautiful, quiet city with a small neighborhood feel. Known as the city of beautiful homes and gardens, people have discovered that, for a dwelling place - an ideal spot in which to rear a family - it has few equals and is surpassed by none. With Salt Lake City just 10 minutes away, you can have the best of both worlds!