Nurse Practitioner - Neonatology
Fairview Health Services is seeking a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) to join the NNP team at Maple Grove Hospital and North Memorial Hospital.
The NNP is a member of the health care team who works in collaboration with licensed physicians to provide comprehensive health care services to NICU patients and families. The NNP will engage in independent decision making about health care needs; managing the care of NICU patients hospitalized with complex acute health problems. Diagnose, prescribe medications and interventions, order and interpret laboratory and diagnostic tests, coordinate the interdisciplinary health care team, plan and coordinate patients' discharge, rehabilitation, home health care and follow-up; ensuring continuity of care within the hospital setting. The NNP will also perform procedures within their scope and realm of their collaboration agreement with their physician partner.
- Positive work environment is fostered by the supportive relationship with the Neonatologists.
- Neonatal care at Fairview Health Services utilizes 60 Neonatal Nurse Practitioners.
- Provide services at 5 metropolitan and suburban hospitals including: University of Minnesota Children’s Hospital, Fairview Southdale Hospital, Fairview Ridges Hospital, Maple Grove Hospital, and North Memorial Hospital.
- NNPs are available in the hospital 24 hours a day 7 days a week to assist physicians and midwives in delivery room resuscitation/stabilization procedures, and assessment and ongoing management of infants in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit/Special Care Nursery.
- NNPs are also part of the team to transport neonates from greater Minnesota communities.
- We have a fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
- Scheduled hours are flexible, with some weekend hours included.
- As a Pioneer Accountable Care Organization (ACO), our physicians use a multidisciplinary team approach in managing clinical care.
A qualified candidate will be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and formal Neonatal Nurse Practitioner training program. Have a current Minnesota RN license and be approved or eligible by the Minnesota Board of Nursing for prescription writing privileges. Be eligible or certified through ANCC / AANP and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges. Ability to obtain and/or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
With 22 lakes in the city limits alone, Minneapolis combines a lush green environment with cosmopolitan sophistication. Music, theater and world-class art, history and culture museums thrive here alongside abundant sports and recreation opportunities. Sidewalk dining, abundant shopping, educational excellence and economic vitality combine to make Minneapolis an attractive city in which to live and work.