Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Neurosurgery in Tacoma, WA
We are seeking a skilled, dynamic, and personable Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our Neurosurgery practice in the Franciscan Medical Group. Join a group of 4 highly respected neurosurgeons and APCs based at our St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma.
This new APC will provide medical services and contribute to the design and delivery of high quality, cost effective, values- based patient care for our patients and patient care under the supervision of Neurosurgeons and team Medical Director. Average work week includes 2 days in clinic and 2 days in the O.R., plus on-call schedule with the surgeons.
- Perform physical examinations, record medical histories, and formulate accurate diagnoses under physician’s and Medical Director’s supervision. Review patient records. Establish presumptive diagnosis.
- Effectively develop and implement patient care treatment plans.
- Consult with surgeon(s) when warranted to assess patient condition and treatment.
- Ensure that medical charts, patient billing and related administrative duties are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that same day care is available to patients with acute illness or minor injuries.
- Participate in the development and implementation of clinic policies and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of medical procedures and treatment, including participating in professional development activities and maintaining professional affiliations.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as assigned.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
- Provides patient education. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Perform similar and incidental duties as assigned and complete them in a timely manner.
- Uses Universal Precautions including personal protective equipment for anticipated contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials.
- Call Schedule: Friday-Sunday, then 7 days off call, then Monday – Thursday, then 2 weeks off, then back to rotation • Neurosurgeons taking call, APC’s call schedule matches the surgeon they are paired with • Option to take additional call days •
- Bachelor’s or RN Degree.
- Completion of an accredited two- (2) year physician's assistant program or Master's Level Nurse Practitioner program
- 1 year of Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant experience preferred.
- National certification required.
- CPR certification.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
CHI Franciscan Health is a nonprofit health system based in Tacoma, Washington with $2.6 billion in net revenue and a team of nearly 12,000 doctors, nurses and staff that provide expert, compassionate medical care at eight acute care hospitals and approximately 200 primary and specialty care clinics in Pierce, King and Kitsap counties. This includes St. Anthony Hospital, Gig Harbor; St. Clare Hospital, Lakewood; St. Elizabeth Hospital, Enumclaw; St. Francis Hospital, Federal Way; St. Joseph Medical Center, Tacoma; Harrison Medical Center, Bremerton and Silverdale; Highline Medical Center, Burien; and Regional Hospital, Burien.
Started in 1891 by the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia, today CHI Franciscan Health is one of the largest health systems in Washington state. The system spans more than 1,100 acute care beds, a credentialed medical staff of more than 1,500 including more than 800 employed physicians providing specialties in cardiovascular care, cancer care, orthopedics and sports medicine, neurosciences and women’s care. CHI Franciscan’s mission focuses on creating healthier communities, including caring for the poor and underserved. In 2015, the organization provided $141 million in community benefit, including $10 million in charity care.
Clear views of Mount Rainier and the beautiful waters of Puget Sound offer a dramatic backdrop for life in Tacoma. As Washington’s third-largest city, Tacoma continues to grow as an economic and cultural core of Pierce County.
Tacoma is located just 35 miles south of Seattle. It offers all the advantages of a major metropolitan area while living in a mid-size city with easy access to some of the finest outdoor recreational areas.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|