Experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in Downtown Indianapolis - Ortho Surgery
Indiana University Health has a career opportunity for an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join their Orthopedic Surgery Department at IU Health Methodist Hospital in downtown Indianapolis, IN.
Career Opportunity Details:
- Full Time M-F with occassional rounding on Saturdays and Sundays
- No Call
- 40% inpatient/60% outpatient
- Must have three years experience to be considered
- Ability to practice at the top of your scope
- Surgery 1st assist, inpatient rounding / discharging, outpatient clinic. Conditions treated:
- Cervical myelopathy and radiculopathy
- Degenerative disorders of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine
- Spinal Stenosis
- Neurogenic claudication
- Spinal deformity – adult and pediatric
- Spine and Spinal Cord Trauma
- Tumors of the cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and sacral regions
- Common Procedures Performed: Cervical and Lumbar fusions, discectomy, laminectomy, disc arthroplasty, and kyphoplasty
- Opportunity to work with new spine surgeon and grow a surgical spine practice. As a part of a large health system, opportunity to work with and collaborate with team of professionals encompassing all specialties needed to deliver high quality care to this patient population.
- The Dept. of Orthopaedics has 32 surgeons and 25 advanced practice providers, covering different orthopedics specialties such as Trauma, Spine, Oncology, Sports, Hand, Foot and Ankle, Joint Replacement.
- IU Health Academic Health Center has been nationally ranked 21 years in a row with 8 different specialties attaining national recognition, making IU Health the most trusted name in Healthcare in Indiana.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 14th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" five consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- "Best Places to Live in America" according to Money in 2017 included Fishers, IN at number one, Carmel at number 16, Avon at number 17 and Greenwood at number 22.
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati
IU Health Methodist Hospital is one of two adult Level One Trauma Centers in Indiana with 782 beds. IU Health Methodist Hospital is a national and regional health care leader through its commitment to excellence, accessibility and prominence. IU Health Methodist Hospital is also designated as a Magnet® Hospital, recognizing excellence in nursing services and high-quality clinical outcomes for patients.
It is home to the Fairbanks Center for Medical Ethics, one of the few clinically-based medical ethics centers in the country, and home to the IU Health Methodist Research Institute which conducts outcomes-based research to understand how medical practices, health policies and health care spending affect the quality of patient outcomes.
Notable facts include:
- Nationally ranked organ transplant center based on total transplant volume (bone marrow, heart, intestine, kidney, liver, lung and pancreas); one of only a few centers nationally to have each of these programs certified by Medicare.
- Largest neuroscience critical care unit in the country.
- One of the largest critical care departments in the country.
- Award-winning comprehensive cardiac critical care unit.
- First, largest and most comprehensive intensive care patient electronic monitoring system (e-ICU) in Central Indiana.
- Nationally ranked orthopedic services.
- Statewide leader in staff physician specialties, with specialists onsite 24 hours a day.
- Nationally ranked urology program and home to the International Kidney Stone Institute.
- Over 1,500 geriatric patient visits per year for medical treatment, education, counseling and research.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|