SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization dedicated to improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable. Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth in 1864, our $2.6 billion health network provides comprehensive, coordinated care through 10 hospitals, more than 100 physician clinics, and home health, hospice, mental health and safety-net services primarily in Colorado and Montana.
Good Samaritan Medical Center in Lafayette, CO is looking for an experienced Cardiology Nurse Practitioner. The Nurse Practitioner will be involved in the care of all outpatients and inpatients needing coronary angiogram, peripheral angiogram, pacemaker insertion, pacemaker generator change, ICD insertion, ICD generator change, EPS/ablation for atrial arrhythmias excluding atrial fibrillation. Here is a list of general responsibilities you can expect.
- Rounding and documenting on inpatients pre and post procedure in the cath lab, tele and ICU units
- May be asked to do cardiology consultation for inpatients needing interventions
- Assist in the expansion of EP and peripheral programs
- Provide post procedure/discharge instructions to patients/family
- Help with ensuring cath lab flow on busy days
- Communicate and interact with cath lab staff, PPU nurses, telemetry/ICU nurses, and physicians
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Master’s Degree graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, required
- Valid license/certificate as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification, required
- DEA and full prescriptive authority, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Minimum One (1) year of experience as an NP in a cardiology setting; hospital or clinic, required