Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APP's that are provided to our physician providers.
Peterson Regional Medical Center (PRMC) has provided exceptional, compassionate, patient-centered care. PRMC has always been an independent, not-for-profit healthcare facility. With a long, proud history of serving the people of the Texas Hill Country.
- 124-bed hospital with 12 ICU beds
- An established team of 8 physicians and a clinical performance nurse
- No call, no codes, and no procedures required
- Open ICU
- Meditech EMR
- Day shifts only; 7on/7off
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Texas; must be acute care trained or certified advanced practitioners
Location & Lifestyle
Kerrville, a county nicknamed “Hill Country Paradise” for its gorgeous scenery, spring-fed creeks and rolling hills. With a population of just over 20,000 residents, Kerrville offers many attractions. Residents and guests enjoy visiting the Kerr Arts & Cultural Center Inc., the Museum of Western Art, the Mooney Airplane Company Factory Tours, the Hill Country Wine Tours, and Stonehenge II, a replica of England’s Stonehenge. The climate of Kerrville is relatively mild. The humidity ranges from 20-40 percent for most of the year, compared to Houston and Dallas which average 70-90 percent humidity. Summer temperatures can reach as high as 95 degrees with an average of around 68 degrees, while winter temperatures average 47 degrees and rarely duck below 35 degrees. With such gorgeous landscapes and pleasant temperatures, Kerrville is a great place to work and live.