Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
Seeking Neonatal Nurse Practitioner for growing Level II NICU in Summerville, SC!
Envision Physician Services is seeking board certified Neonatal Nurse Practitioners for our advanced Level II NICU practice at Summerville Medical Center (SMC) in Summerville, SC. Our team has historically been staffed by 2 Neonatologists. With hopes of becoming a Level III NICU in the future, the hospital has decided to take the coverage in-house and expand the team with the addition of 3 Neonatal Nurse Practitioners. The plan is to start with night coverage in hopes of moving to 24/7 in-house NNP coverage in the future. The ideal candidate is an individual who is passionate about collaborative care, education of the NICU team members and families, and helping advance the level of care in the unit.
- Brand-new, state of the art Level II NICU!
- 16-hr night shifts & opportunities to moonlight within the system
- Engaged hospital leadership team dedicated to the continued expansion of Women’s and Children’s services in the area
- Robust benefits including medical, dental, vision, ST/LT disability, and 401k (effective day 1!)
- Staffing Model: 2 Neonatologists, 3 NNPs
- NNPs are responsible for the following:
- In-house coverage for 16-hr nights
- Nights shifts to start Long-term goal is for 24/7 in-house NNP coverage (will be determined on volume/acuity over time)
- Collaborative care with the Neo (30-min response time)
- Attendance at deliveries
- Education of RN/RTs as the hospital hopes to increase level of care to Level III in the future
- Communication with families
- 16-hr night shiftts
- Full-time annual hours: 1,952-hrs
- 122-shifts per year/10 shifts per month
- Part-time annual hours: 967
- 61-shifts per year/5 shifts per month
- Summerville 2019 Data:
- Deliveries: 2,700
- Summerville NICU ADC: 9.4
- Pediatric subspecialty support includes Pediatric Surgery, GI, ENT, Anesthesia, Radiology, with telemedicine coverage for Pediatric Cardiology
- Active recruitment of Pediatric Neurology to utilize the cooling equipment that the hospital has already invested in for their ongoing goal to get a Level III NICU designation
Summerville Medical Center is a 124-bed, acute-care hospital with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive medical services. The facility enjoys an enviable reputation for its cardiac services, pediatrics and women's services, including "home-like" birthing suites. Surgical services offered include orthopedic, reflux, robotic and weight loss surgeries. Trident Health has earned recognition as a leader in the delivery of healthcare in the Lowcountry.
Summerville is a distinct lowcountry community steeped in history and charm. At the same time, Summerville is near the epicenter of one of the southeast’s most vibrant and robust growth communities, offering abundant all-season outdoor recreation, great public and private schools, a diverse community of people and businesses, plenty of fine dining, and opportunities to celebrate the arts. Less than 25 miles away are found the waterways and beaches of the sea islands, as well as the delights of Charleston, voted the best US small city by readers of Conde Nast Traveler and best US city by readers of Travel + Leisure.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|