Northwest Medical Center Seeks Urgent Care Advanced Practitioner - Tucson, AZ
NO AGENCY SOLICITATIONS PLEASE
Northwest Urgent Cares are affiliated with Northwest Healthcare, which includes Northwest Medical Center, Oro Valley Hospital, Northwest Medical Center Sahuarita (opening Fall 2020), two free-standing emergency centers, and three Surgery Centers. There are four Urgent Care facilities in the system. The hospitals, urgent cares, and physician offices are well known in the community and have a reputation for providing high quality care. Providers can expect to enter an urgent care setting with high patient demand in an expanding suburban market.
- Seeking a minimum of 1-2 years of experience.
- Must be comfortable working solo with physician available by phone.
- Currently minimum of 3 weekend days per month
- Call available but not required
- AZ License required
- Outpatient Only
Duties include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Obtaining detailed and accurate patient histories
- Performing physical exams
- Delineating chronic and current health problems
- Ordering routine or specific procedures
- Interpreting findings and outcomes
- Proposing and initiating treatment programs
- Prescribing appropriate medications
- Performing routine diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Performing appropriate emergency measures
- Demonstrating proficiency at hospital and/or department specific computer software and technology
Life in Tucson Offers:
- 325 days of sunshine, perfect for hiking, biking, swimming, rock climbing, running, and golf
- Mix of highly rated private and public schools including the University of Arizona
- Beautiful night skies as Tucson is the “Astronomy Capital of the World”
- Growing biotech industry bringing highly educated employees to Tucson and Oro Valley
- Easy access to Phoenix, Sedona, Scottsdale and San Diego for weekend getaways!
- Tucson is UNESCO’s first City of Gastronomy in the United States
US News & World Report voted NMC Best hospital in Tucson metro area, Best Regional Hospital, and the 4th Best Hospital in Arizona.
Northwest Medical Center (NMC) is a 300-bed facility in Tucson, offering a full range of inpatient and outpatient services including cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics, minimally invasive surgery (including two da Vinci surgical robots), neurology and neurosurgery, GI, a free-standing Women's Center, and Wound Care Center. NMC is designated with the "Center of Excellence" status for its Chest Pain Center, Stroke Center, Total Knee and Total High Replacement, Spine Surgery, Bariatric program, and Breast Imaging Center.
Northwest Medical Center (NMC) is a 300-bed facility in Tucson offering a full range of inpatient and outpatient services including cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics, minimally invasive surgery (including two da Vinci surgical robots), neurology and neurosurgery, GI, a free-standing Women’s Center, Wound Care Center. NMC is designated with Center of Excellence status for its Chest Pain Center, Stroke Center, Total Knee and Total Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery, Bariatric program, and Breast Imaging Center.
Oro Valley Hospital (OVH) is a 144-all private bed facility in Oro Valley just north of Tucson. OVH services include orthopedics (including the new MAKO robot for partial knee resurfacing), inpatient rehabilitation, cardiology, minimally invasive surgery, neurology, GI, imaging and diagnostics, two sleep centers and emergency medicine.
Both hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission.