Archbold Medical Center is a regional healthcare system with four hospitals and three nursing homes. Archbold is licensed for 540 beds, employs more than 2,500 people and has a medical staff of more than 160 qualified specialists. We have been recognized as a top hospital in Georgia by Georgia Trend Magazine for seven consecutive years.
- New state-of-the-art Emergency, Surgery and Intensive Care facilities, and new private patient rooms
- Neurosurgery coverage 24/7
- Level Three Trauma Center
- Three daVinci Robotic Surgery units
- Full service homecare network— hospice, home health, home medical equipment and infusion and pharmacy services
- Inpatient, Outpatient and In-home Dialysis
- 3D Mammography
- Award-winning interventional cardiology program
- Highest utilization rate in the region for transradial approach of cardiac catheterization
- Cardiology clinical research, including recent C-PORT study with Johns Hopkins
- Radiation oncology, medical oncology, hematology and support services in one location
- The first and only hospital to partner with the Emory Winship Cancer Institute (the only NCI designated cancer center in Georgia) for clinical trials
- Region’s only Gamma Knife Perfexion, non-invasive brain surgery technology
Southwest Georgia is known for its pine tree filled-woods, hunting, and warm, welcoming locals. Commonly known as a destination for sportsmen, favorite outdoor local pastimes include river kayaking; quail, duck, dove, deer, and turkey hunting; fishing; golf; tennis; bird watching; running; and biking.
The family-centered cities offer strong private and public educational opportunities, and sports and fitness facilities for youth sports and adult fitness and healthy living opportunities. The local arts and culture scene is thriving, with youth and adult programming and instruction.
The thriving small towns in Southwest Georgia are known for southern hospitality and easy way of life. But they also tout amenities and attractions of much larger communities- quality healthcare, education, thriving churches, and a broad range of entertainment and recreational activities.
Simply put Southwest Georgia is a “place apart”- a wonderful place to raise a family and work.