Avera Heart Hospital
- 4500 W. 69th St.
Avera Heart Hospital is a nationally recognized leader in heart and vascular care. As the region's first hospital dedicated solely to the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease, we’re focusing on the nation's number one killer. Patients receive the benefits of advanced technology and personalized services specific to their individual needs.
Unmatched Heart & Vascular Care
You want the best for your heart, and so do we. Avera Heart Hospital offers a focus on heart and vascular health that’s unmatched. We offer a combination of clinical quality and the latest technology in an environment that is comfortable and friendly.
The physicians at North Central Heart, a division of Avera Heart Hospital, offer outreach in over 35 locations in a three-state region, so the best heart care is never far from where you are.
Advanced Technology & Expert Care
When you face an emergency situation, surgery, procedure or living with heart or vascular disease, you want the best possible care. Trust Avera Heart Hospital for an extensive array of advanced technology and services, including:
- Innovative procedures – Includes the WATCHMAN™ procedure which is a one-time implant of the FDA-approved WATCHMAN device into the left atrial appendage of the heart. This prevents stroke-inducing blood clots from entering the blood stream and allows patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation (AFib) to reduce or altogether end the need for blood thinners.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center – Meets stringent guidelines to achieve this designation and become the state's first hospital to receive accreditation as a Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Dedicated team of physicians – Provides complete cardiac and vascular services, from prevention and education to complex surgical procedures
- Advanced imaging, diagnostic and treatment technology – Includes South Dakota's only cardiovascular MRI, a high-performance CT, four state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization labs, hybrid robotic vascular lab, dedicated electrophysiology labs and a design that’s ideal for quick diagnosis and treatment of heart attacks
- Planet Heart – Offers heart and vascular screenings including calcium CT scoring and artery screening combined with other key checkpoints to help you understand your risk of heart disease or stroke
Emergency Heart Care
Avera Heart Hospital has a full-service Emergency Department – a great option for residents of southern Sioux Falls. It’s also easily accessible from Interstate 29 for people traveling from out of town.
- Staffed by specially trained emergency physicians
- Open 24/7
- Short wait times
- Experts in heart care
Similar to emergency services in a small community, patients who need a higher level of care are stabilized and transported to a facility with more resources.
Choose Avera Heart for comprehensive health care services, including specialization in cardiology, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, vascular intervention and cardiothoracic surgery. We also offer an inpatient pharmacy for convenience.