- 501 Summit
Avera Sacred Heart Hospital Details:
- Avera Sacred Heart Hospital, has positioned itself as a leader in the health care industry since 1897, serving approximately 135,000 residents in a 16-county area in southeastern South Dakota and northeastern Nebraska.
- Sponsored by the Benedictine Sisters from Yankton and the Presentation sisters from Aberdeen, SD. Our mission is to make a positive impact in the lives and health of persons and communities by providing quality services guided by Christian values.
- 99-bed facility widely recognized as a regional healthcare referral center for excellence in emergency medicine, cancer care, cardiopulmonary, surgical services, obstetrics, pediatrics, home health and hospice programs, medical education and research, rehabilitation services and a full range of wellness services.
- Teaching hospital physician has the opportunity to work with the Sanford School of Medicine 3rd and 4th year medical students.
- Medical staff consists of over 80 providers. We have a wide variety of specialties in Yankton including: Anesthesiology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Hematology/Oncology, Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Neurology, OBGYN, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Pain Management, Palliative, Pathology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Podiatry, Pulmonology, Radiation Oncology, Radiology, Rheumatology and Urology.
Yankton is a growing community with a unique blend of indoor and outdoor recreational activities, a great education system and plenty of economic opportunity.
- Yankton is a safe community with clean neighborhoods and an abundance of Midwestern hospitality.
- The downtown Meridian District just a block away from the Missouri River has a variety of restaurants, bars, boutiques, history and art. It includes the Meridian Bridge, one of the largest recreational trails to connect two states (South Dakota and Nebraska). One minute, you can be exploring primitive trails along the river, and within a few minutes of walking you can get a drink at your favorite bar.
- Quality education is a priority in Yankton. The community boasts various daycare options, a strong public school system with free preschool, and Mount Marty University. Yankton is less than 30 minutes from The University of South Dakota and the Sanford School of Medicine in Vermillion, SD
- The outdoor Huether Family Aquatics Center in Fantle Memorial Park provides a lazy river, a splash pad, zero-depth entry, a climbing wall, tube slide, body slide and more.
- The Summit Activities Center has an indoor zero-depth entry pool and 110 foot water slide, a walking track, fitness area with free weights and machines and an aerobic area.
- The Lewis and Clark Recreation Area provides outdoor activities year round. The beautiful Lewis and Clark Lake and the nearby Missouri River offer an abundance of water activities, bike trails, hiking, kayaking, horse back riding, etc.