In October 2020, Wyoming Medical Center (WYMC) in Casper partnered with Banner Health to become the healthcare system’s flagship hospital for the state of Wyoming. Banner Health, headquartered in Arizona, is one of the largest non-profit healthcare systems in the country. It owns and operates 31 acute-care hospitals, Banner Health Network, Banner – University Medicine, academic and employed physician groups, long-term care centers, outpatient surgery centers and an array of other. Banner Health is in six states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada and Wyoming.
WYMC is Casper’s only nonprofit, full-service, acute care hospital, located both in the heart of the city and the heart of Wyoming. As the largest hospital in Wyoming, WYMC has two campuses and 14 primary, specialty and immediate care clinics. As a regional trauma and referral center, we serve 11 Wyoming counties with more than 250,000 people by providing comprehensive heart, stroke and trauma care.
- 249 beds on two campuses
- 1,300 employees
- 307 providers in 59 specialties
- 93 percent of Physicians are board certified
- Regional Trauma Center
- 14 specialty, primary and immediate care clinics
- 96 volunteers
Nestled at the foot of Casper Mountain, Casper is the second-largest city in Wyoming with a population of 55,000 people. Casper is a growing and vibrant community with great dining and shopping options. It offers:
- Outdoor adventure: With Casper Mountain, you get great hiking, mountain biking and skiing just outside your back door. The North Platte River, which runs through town, is a Blue Ribbon trout fishery attracting fisherman from around the country. The Bighorn Mountains and Bighorn National Forest are a 90-minute drive away.
- Great trails: The Platte River Trails system follows the North Platte River for 11 miles as it meanders through town. The trails are popular with walkers, runners and bikers alike.
- David Street Station:David Street Station is perfectly located to connect the Old Yellowstone District to Downtown Casper.
- Educational museums:Casper College’s Tate Geological Museum is home to both Dee the Mammoth (the largest Colombian mammoth ever uncovered) and Lee Rex (Wyoming’s first T-Rex dinosaur to be displayed in Wyoming). Other top-notch museums include Fort Caspar Museum, The National Historic Trails Interpretive Center, Nicolaysen Art Museum, The Werner Wildlife Museum and The Science Zone.
- Nationally ranked community college:Casper College is ranked as one of the top 25 community colleges in the country. Its nationally-ranked theater, music and art programs are a backbone to Casper’s arts and entertainment scene.