CHI - Mercy Medical Center - Roseburg
- 2700 NW Stewart Parkway
Catholic Health Initiatives, a nonprofit, faith-based health system formed in 1996 through the consolidation of four Catholic health systems, expresses its mission each day by creating and nurturing healthy communities in the hundreds of sites across the nation where we provide care. One of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems, Englewood, Colorado-based CHI operates in 18 states and comprises 100 hospitals, including two academic health centers and major teaching hospitals as well as 30 critical-access facilities; community health-services organizations; accredited nursing colleges; home-health agencies; living communities; and other facilities and services that span the inpatient and outpatient continuum of care.
In fiscal year 2018, CHI provided more than $1.14 billion in financial assistance and community benefit for programs and services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. Financial assistance and community benefit totaled approximately $2.1 billion with the inclusion of the unpaid costs of Medicare. The health system, which generated operating revenues of $15 billion in fiscal year 2018, has total assets of approximately $20.5 billion. Learn more at www.catholichealthinitiatives.org
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers and support a drug-free work environment.About Mercy Medical Center
Caring for our community for over 100 Years!
Mercy started with a $12,000 gift from the Roseburg community. That’s the sum the Sisters of Mercy raised to construct Roseburg’s first hospital more than 50 years after the city was founded.
The 25-bed Mercy Hospital was dedicated on Feb. 22, 1909, just four months after construction began. It was built on the banks of the South Umpqua River where Douglas County Health Department now stands.
Mercy has grown into a sophisticated 174-bed medical center as it has upgraded its technology and expanded its services to ensure Douglas County residents access to state-of-the-art healthcare without having to leave town.
Today more than 1,000 employees and 300 volunteers work throughout Mercy. All of them personify the values upon which this institution was built. It is this commitment that has helped Mercy become one of the country's most highly rated hospitals for patient satisfaction.
Warm, welcoming community nestled in the 100 Valleys of the Umpqua
- Home to the beautiful North Umpqua River, legendary for trout, salmon, steelhead and bass fishing.
- Roseburg area public schools have an average student teacher ratio of 1:23
- Local Community College with robust programs in health services, viticulture and arts
- Short drive to the Pacific ocean, world-class skiing at Mt. Bachelor and Crater Lake, one of the great wonders of the world
- Easy driving distance to Eugene airport with direct flights to Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, Oakland, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and more. Portland International is only three hours away.
- Mild climate that includes all four seasons
- Cultural opportunities abound in Roseburg, from outstanding musical and theatrical performances to first-class art galleries.
- Roseburg and surrounding area is home to some of Oregon's premier vineyards
Links of Interest