Dignity Health - Phoenix Area
- Various Locations
The Dignity Health network includes 10,000 physicians and 55,000 employees providing care at more than 150 ancillary care sites and 36 acute care hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada. We provide an environment where employees feel welcome and inspired to learn from one another. The way in which we approach our patients and each other is engrained in our culture, and can be summed up in two powerful words: Hello humankindness™ (hellohumankindness.org)
Find out more at dignityphysiciancareers.org.Employment Models
Dignity Health offers two distinct employment models to help physicians and allied health providers find career options that align with their professional goals and personal interests.
Through our vast network of hospitals, clinics and associated entities, Dignity Health offers numerous forms of direct employment for physicians and advanced practitioners. Just as state laws vary, so do the direct employment opportunities that exist within our facilities and associated entities. Employment agreements typically include a competitive guaranteed salary during the start-up period (approximately the first 1-2 years) followed by the ability to earn income based upon a productivity model. Annual bonuses based on patient satisfaction and quality measures are also common. By choosing this path, physicians have the ability to focus on practicing medicine rather than running a business. The benefits of employment through Dignity Health and our affiliates include:
- Being part of a large integrated health care delivery system
- Opportunities throughout Dignity Health in urban, suburban and rural settings
- Leadership and other career opportunities in some locations
- Clinical and administrative support
- Association with the Dignity Health brand
We offer opportunities for physicians to join community-based practices affiliated with Dignity Health. In many cases, providers would join an existing single-specialty or multi-specialty medical group (solo options are occasionally available). Physicians in an independent group tend to enjoy both the practice of medicine and the business side of health care. Some benefits of independent practice opportunities include:
- Exposure to and ability to impact all aspects of business operations associated with your practice
- Flexibility to adjust work/life balance to meet your personal and professional needs, since you’re the one running the practice
- Choice of joining an established practice or developing a new independent practice
Like its legendary namesake rising out of the ashes, the greater Phoenix area has emerged as one of the bright metropolitan areas of the 21st century. The Phoenix area encompasses more than 20 incorporated cities, including Glendale, Scottsdale, Tempe and Mesa, and all serve as a timeless Southwestern backdrop to the spirit of Puebloans, cowboys, miners and visionaries. Recently, the Census Bureau named Arizona’s Maricopa County, which includes the greater Phoenix metro area, the county with the nation’s highest annual population growth. Home to more than 4 million residents where everyone has a sunny disposition, the Phoenix area also ranks as the sixth-largest city in the United States. Phoenix is a premier destination offering the best of both worlds: a growing and diverse economy and a great place to live with more than 300 sun-filled days a year and an almost endless supply of attractions including:
- 189 city parks, 33,000 acres of desert preserves and 200 miles of trails
- Host to MLB Spring Training and the annual Fiesta Bowl!
- Home of the “Phoenix Open” and 200 golf courses
- Professional sports teams including the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Arizona Cardinals.
- Host to 5 Fortune 500 company headquarters
- The “Best Mexican Food North of the Border!”
- Affordable housing and cost of living
- A family-friendly area, with the Children’s Museum of Phoenix, ample youth sports and athletic leagues, the Challenger Space Center Arizona, a wide variety of school options, including public, private, magnet and charter, the Phoenix Zoo, large water parks, SEA LIFE Arizona, and many more!
The Phoenix area is also a destination for people from all over the world to receive outstanding healthcare. This is particularly true of Dignity Health’s St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center – home to the world-renown Barrow Neurological Institute and The Norton Thoracic Institute - #1 lung transplant program in the U.S. - as well as many other world-class healthcare services and teaching programs.