Glens Falls Hospital
- 100 Park Street
Highlights of Glen Falls Hospital
- The Glens Falls Hospital Medical Staff has more than 350 affiliated physicians and more than 100 affiliated physician extenders that provide a full spectrum of primary care, specialty, and sub-specialty services. Our physicians have trained at top-notch programs from around the country and are highly skilled, caring, welcoming, and collegial.
- When you come to Glens Falls Hospital, you can feel that it is no ordinary place. The teamwork between physicians, nursing, and support staff is evident in their focus on excellence and quality. Many at GFH feel that their co-workers are a second family knowing that they can always count on their colleagues. It's no wonder GFH was recognized as the #1 Great Place to Work in the Greater Capital Region of NY in 2006 and 2007.
A GREAT HOSPITAL
- Glens Falls Hospital is the largest medical facility between the state capital of Albany and Montreal, Canada, serving over 250,000 people. We are a comprehensive, regional community healthcare organization with a strong tradition and dedication to high quality, contemporary patient care. GFH has always been on the forefront of innovative care delivery. We combine advanced medical technology with compassionate hometown care.
DEDICATED HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATION
- The Administration at GFH highly values its employees and its medical staff. There is an atmosphere of collaboration between hospital and physician, a culture focused on excellence and quality, and a workplace environment marked by a spirit of teamwork and continuous improvement.
LIVE WHERE OTHERS VACATION
- Glens Falls is located at the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains, just between Saratoga Springs and Lake George - some of the nation's premier vacation destinations. Lake Placid, home of the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics and center of the High Peaks is just 1.5 hours north. We are only a short distance from several major metropolitan areas; it is approximately a 3.5-hour drive to NYC, Boston, and Montreal.
- The Glens Falls region is a year-round outdoor playground. The summer allows for watersports including swimming, boating, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, and tubing down a lazy river. Hiking, camping, biking, horseback riding, and golfing on 4-star courses are all easily accessible. Winter brings a winter-wonderland of downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and ice fishing. No matter what the season, you're sure to find something exhilarating and picturesque!
- The Glens Falls area offers an abundance of year-round activities including art, music and food festivals, as well as weekly outdoor concerts in the summers. Glens Falls has a Symphony Orchestra, theater, and museums with world-renowned art including originals from Rembrandt and Renoir. The Philadelphia Orchestra and New York City Ballet consider Saratoga Springs their summer home. The area is also rich in history from the French & Indian and Revolutionary wars.
A GREAT PLACE TO RAISE A FAMILY
- The Glens Falls area is a safe, quiet, family-friendly place that affords residents the comfort and security of a small town with the amenities often found only in larger cities. Excellent schools of varying size and low student-teacher ratios provide students with individualized attention. Family activities are plentiful with children's fun parks such as Explore, Tree Pad, Adventure Racing, The Fun Spot, and the Six Flags Great Escape amusement park. Indoor sports arenas like The Dome, The Forum, and the Civic Center provide activities such as indoor soccer, baseball, golf, ice-skating, bumper cars on ice, and hockey. The local YMCA provides numerous sporting activities for children and adults alike.
- Glens Falls residents enjoy a lower cost of living than residents of larger urban areas. Housing options range from city homes with character and charm that are within walking distance to the downtown; to suburban and rural neighborhoods that offer larger parcels of land and homes of varying styles and sizes. Housing costs vary with a median home cost of $180,000 in Glens Falls and $300,000 in Queensbury.
- What can we say; people around here are just friendly! People say hello at the grocery store, help shovel their neighbor's driveway, hold the door for you, say please and thank you, and bring you a plate of brownies when you move in next door! Now it's not Mayberry, but we are nicknamed "Hometown USA"!