- 1204 Mound St
For more than 90 years, Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital has been here for you and your family during the most difficult and joyful occasions in your life. Our staff takes tremendous pride in offering the best care possible to every member of this community. Indeed, it’s our employees that set Memorial apart and make this a very special place to receive care. We are Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital, where people come first.
Who We Are
Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital is the only Level III Trauma Center in Deep East Texas. In addition, the Breast Care Center’s Mammography Facility is accredited by The American College of Radiology and the Cecil R. Bomar Rehabilitation Center is an internationally accredited Center of Excellence for Rehab.
- Only Level III Trauma Center in Deep East Texas – certified by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Founder of the Healthy Nacogdoches Coalition
- Gold Recognition for Nacogdoches as a Heart/Stroke Healthy Community
- Helped secure non-smoking ordinance for Nacogdoches
- Selected for ACHIEVE Grant (Action Communities for Health, Innovation, and EnVironmental ChangE) by the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors
- Texas Council on Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke 2009 Cardiovascular Health Promotion Awards – Outstanding Recognition
- First and Only Recipient of Nacogdoches United Way Spirit Award
- American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines Stroke Program Participant
- Five Star Hospital Award from the Bureau of Vital Statistics
- 5-Star Rated Maternity Care (Rated in the top 15% nationwide) by HealthGrades in 2008/2009
Founded in 1980, Southwest Medical Associates is an established emergency department management group providing services to healthcare facilities throughout Texas. We are known in the industry for specializing in physician staffing for rural hospitals from low to high patient volume.
At Southwest Medical, no emergency department task is too large or too small. We customize the coverage of our clients based on their individual needs. This ranges from part-time “as needed” coverage to last-minute emergencies, flexible coverage supplementing staff physician schedules to full-time staffing.
The needs of rural hospitals and healthcare facilities are unique, and Southwest Medical understands this. That is why we have been a resource for rural healthcare for more than 30 years.
Why Southwest Medical?
- Quality ED staffing since 1980
- Custom need-based coverage
- Specialty-based physician recruitment
- 24-hour regional schedulers
- JCAHO-level credentialing
- TORCH corporate member
Our Mission: To be the best resource available for quality emergency department and clinic physician staffing at competitive rates; to promote customer service ensuring long term client retention; and creating jobs for dedicated and talented physicians.Get To Know Your Recruiter