ProMedica Coldwater Regional Hospital
- 274 East Chicago Street
Wade Memorial Hospital
Wade Memorial Hospital was the first public hospital in Branch County. The hospital was founded by a surgeon from Fremont, Indiana. It was constructed from a private residence at a cost of $56,000. The hospital was destroyed by fire in December of 1937. Local supporters, including attorney W. Glenn Cowell and the Branch County Medical Society, spearheaded a drive to build a new hospital. The Kellogg Foundation and the Public Works Administration provided 90 percent of the needed funds. Local citizens and businesses donated the remainder.
Serving Healthcare Needs
The Community Health Center of Branch County (CHC) opened its doors on November 18, 1939. CHC had 36 beds and 70 employees to serve the healthcare needs of the community. Major additions have been made to the original structure since then. The first addition was made in 1955 and another in 1971. A 27,000 square foot renovation and 16,000 square foot addition were completed in 2003. CHC now has 71 acute medical and 16 adult psychiatric beds with nearly 500 employees serving the Branch County area.
Medical services include anesthesiology, bariatric surgery, dentistry, emergency medicine, otolaryngology, family practice, general surgery, gynecology, internal medicine, neurology, obstetrics, oncology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pathology, pediatrics, podiatry, psychiatry, pulmonology, radiology, urology, vascular & non-cardiac thoracic surgery, and wound healing.
As of January 1, 2018 the hospital transitioned to ProMedica Coldwater Regional Hospital (PMCRH) and has a full campus which houses not only the hospital, but the Family Medicine Clinic, the Houghton Family Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Center, Home Health and Hospice services, the PMCRH Pediatric and Adolescent Center, the Cancer Center, Wound Healing Center, and Coldwater Ear, Nose, & Throat. Located off campus are the Union City Medical Center and the Quincy Clinic.About ProMedica
ProMedica is a health system dedicated to the well-being of northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. As a system:
- We see more than 4.7 million patient encounters at our 13 hospitals, six ambulatory surgery centers, and more than 300 other facilities.
- We have more than 17,900 employees and 2,700 physicians with privileges system-wide.
- ProMedica Physicians includes more than 920 providers serving more than 1.5 million patient visits annually.
- Our locally-owned insurance company, Paramount, provides insurance to large and small groups and Medicare subscribers in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan.
- In collaboration with educational institutions locally and regionally, ProMedica offers research, grants, and residency programs, as well as fellowship, clerkship, nursing, pharmacy, allied health, and continuing education opportunities.
ProMedica Physicians is a multi-specialty physician network of more than 700 providers, including Advance Practice with opportunities throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan.
The team handles every aspect of private management including billing, coding, compliance, human resources, legal issues, and marketing to name a few. That allows the physician the freedom to focus on providing high quality care.
- full medical, dental, vision, life and malpractice insurance,
- short and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) with automatic employer contribution
- CME, vacation, deferred retirement options to choose