- WellMed Texas
Whether you’re searching for your first job after residency or you’re an experienced provider seeking a better fit, we invite you to see what WellMed has to offer.
WellMed is a physician-led and patient-centric organization. WellMed doesn’t just treat patients when they are sick; we provide coordinated care with an emphasis on prevention that helps our patients live longer and healthier lives. The majority of our physician leaders began their careers in our clinics and they understand the importance of the doctor/patient relationship. Our extensive support team enables you to actually focus on being a doctor and having time to truly care for each patient.
Since 1990, WellMed has been innovating and refining our processes that support our doctors and our patients, becoming an industry leader in the care of patients within the traditional Medicare and Medicare Advantage systems. Our foundation continues to stand firmly upon primary care and the medical home model. In 2011, WellMed partnered with OptumCare to further expand our highly successful health care model in new and existing markets. This relationship has enhanced patient care through data analytics, technology and support personnel. This translates into our providers having more time to interact with each patient because we provide them with the coordinated support that they deserve.
How WellMed Excels
Our care model places you and your patients at the center of the universe.
- Our Physicians have a strong clinical support team that includes Advanced Practice Nurses, PAs, RNs, LVNs, Medical Assistants, Scribes, Nurse Educators, Case Managers, Clinic Administrators, Referral Managers, Coders, Centralized Scheduling, Nurse Advice Line, and robust IT.
- We collaborate among our board-certified Primary Care Physicians (IM & FM), Hospitalists, and network of employed and contracted Sub-specialists
- We understand that communication is key with our patients, their families and our staff, especially during transition care (ER-Hospital-Outpatient-Specialists)
- We risk stratify our patients to ensure that our most vulnerable are pro-actively engaged
- We conduct daily clinic huddles to synchronize
- We participate in weekly patient care committee meetings among our Case Managers, Hospitalists, all Clinic Providers, Social Workers, Clinic Administrators, and Home Health to focus on transition care for our hospitalized patients, recent ER visits, and upcoming elective surgeries.
- We enhance our patients’ Life Space when they are not in our clinics, providing community Senior Centers, Home Visits, Free Local Transportation, Supplemental Prescription Plans, respite Caregiver SOS, Palliative Care, Mobile Clinics, Community Volunteering, and the WellMed Charitable Foundation
Quality and Values
All of our physicians are measured and rewarded on the quality of the care they deliver to their patients and their enthusiastic demonstration of WellMed’s core values.
We take care of you because you take care of our patients.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Semi-Annual Incentive Bonuses that reward Quality
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Residency Stipend Program
- PTO 160 hours in the first year
- Generous CME and Professional Expense Fund
- 401(k) with partial matching
- Executive Savings Plan with partial matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase options with six-month look-back
- Professional Development
- Optional Insurance Plans for Life, Medical, Dental and Vision
- Long-term/Short-term Disability Insurance
- Liability Coverage
*Individual compensation may vary by specialty, market, work experience, and other factors. Contact us for details.