Nurse Practitioner Needed In Northwest Ohio
The Toledo Clinic seeks a Part-Time General Nurse Practitioner to join a well established practice.
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
Provides direction to staff in regards to patient care.
Educate and advise patients, diagnose and treat health problems, and provide general health care under the direction of the physician. This position is part-time and flexible with a work week under 24 hours.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Obtain medical histories.
- Diagnose and treat health care and chronic diseases.
- Order and interpret diagnostic studies such as labs and x-rays.
- Prescribes medications and other treatments.
- Promotes positive health behaviors and self-care skills through education and counseling.
- Collaborate with physicians as needed.
Other Essential Duties May Include (but are not limited to):
- Emphasizes wellness and self-care to patients and family members.
- Researches medical findings and studies and incorporates as appropriate.
- Selects cost-effective and appropriate diagnostic fees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of nurse practitioner theory, practice and medical care, medical equipment and instruments, and OSHA regulations. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to analyze and determine solutions in order to best serve the patients. Consistently arrives at work, in professional attire, on time and completes all tasks within established time frame.
- Masters degree from an accredited school.
- Certified as a nurse practitioner and CPR required.
Exposure to infectious materials. Use of various instruments and equipment, which may be electrical in nature.
Established in 1926, The Toledo Clinic is a rapidly expanding multispecialty private practice. It is an independent physician owned and managed practice of 192 physicians and over 1300 employees. Northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan encompass the Toledo Clinic’s service area. It has an active patient base of approximately 300,000 patients. Unique to northwest Ohio, physicians comprise our Board of Directors with assistance from a highly talented administrative staff. Independence is encouraged - Needs are supported.
As a mid-sized city, commute time is no longer than 20 minutes from the most distant Toledo area suburb. Other benefits/attractions to the location are:
- Boating & Fishing on Maumee River, Lake Erie and Southern Michigan Lakes
- Metro-parks in every suburb with picturesque snow skiing and walking trails
- Nationally Renowned Toledo Museum of Art
- Diverse & Inclusive Cultural and Religious Communities
- Microbreweries and eateries adjacent to downtown Lofts
- Best Public School and Top-Notch Parochial Schools in the State of Ohio
- Imagination Station Child Science Museum
- The Toledo Zoo, 2014 Winner of USA Today’s Best Zoo in the Nation
- AAA Professional Baseball and Hockey in Revitalized Downtown area
- Low cost of living in comparison with other cities
- Adjacent to Ann Arbor (45 min) and Detroit, Michigan amenities
- Close proximity to Cleveland, Columbus and Chicago attractions
- Local medical college and multiple residency programs