Landing PageChief Medical Officer - Aspirus Network, Inc. (ANI) - Wausau, Wisconsin
We are seeking a Chief Medical Officer to provide executive clinical leadership and direction for ANI’s Clinical Integration Program (CIP), Accountable Care/population health management and value-based payor reimbursement that transitions from volume-based to value-based strategies as established by the ANI Board of Directors, and as aligned with Aspirus, Inc. Accountable Care Platform. This position will work collaboratively with the ANI team to yield optimal decision-making, alignment and efficiencies as it relates to all ANI provider members and payor strategies development, management, and implementation. This position will also work collaboratively with Aspirus System operations leaders to assure CIP, Accountable Care and payor strategies are implemented to yield optimal performance.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Knowledge of healthcare standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a Doctor of Medicine Degree (M.D. or D.O.) required.
- Minimum of 10 years professional clinical practice experience preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of healthcare management/quality/population health leadership experience preferred.
- Board certification in a clinical specialty.
- Is, or becomes, licensed by the State of Wisconsin to practice medicine.
- Demonstrates strong leadership capabilities with proven ability to make tough decisions yet be influential.
- Demonstrates strong leadership capabilities with proven ability to energize staff.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses excellent internal management skills evidenced by exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, organization, and time management.
- Possesses a strong interest to grow knowledge base and understanding of the managed care environment/conditions/trends, value-based payor contracts, health insurance industry, provider networks and associated legal issues.
- Possesses a strong understanding of finance and health care reimbursement.
- Possesses strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Functions under pressure and is an expert at managing multiple priorities.
Aspirus has been named by IBM Watson Health as one of the Nation’s Top 15 Health Systems, based on analysis of overall organizational performance. We are a system of 8 hospitals and 60 clinics that spans over 25,000 square miles throughout Central Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Currently, over 470 providers are located throughout the system and have the opportunity to affect approximately 604,000 lives.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. A normal commute is 10 minutes to any part of town. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis. For More Information, Visit https://www.wausauchamber.com/