Full Time Neonatology Opportunity
The Department of Pediatrics at Stamford Health is seeking an experienced, Neonatologist to provide direct patient care to newborn infants, patients in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and consults as needed for neonates in Stamford Hospital.
The Neonatologist will provide teaching and medical consultation as necessary for Departments of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Surgery and Family Medicine.
The incumbent will also support medical staff utilization management and clinical effectiveness efforts, enhance the quality and safety of in-patient care, utilize evidence-based care of patients admitted to the Neonatology service (either referred by private MD or admitted from Labor and Delivery / Well Baby Nursery).
Clinical responsibility includes a call requirement of eight 24-hour, in-house calls per month (192 hours).
Minimum qualifications (current or the ability to obtain):
- Graduation from an ACGME or AOA accredited residency and fellowship programs
- Board Certification in Pediatrics and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Connecticut medical license and medical staff privileges
- DEA and CT Controlled Substance Registration
- NRP Certification – Provider (Hospital-based Instructor desired)
Competencies and Experience requirements:
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide age-appropriate care in the assigned area.
- Demonstrates skills necessary to deal effectively with various levels of hospital personnel and community groups
In the patient centered care model, the Neonatologist will coordinate and communicate with the multidisciplinary team, patients and their families; demonstrate a high degree of clinical expertise in working with acute and chronic illnesses of the newborn infant; and provide care and education to families. In addition, the Neonatologist will participate in educational opportunities for residents, medical students and nursing staff, and they work with all care team members to assure quality patient care and promote education and research.
Please send cover letter and CV to:
Frances Johnson, Physician Recruiter
Stamford Hospital, residing on the Bennett Medical Center campus, a 305-bed, not-for-profit community teaching hospital provides area residents with access to the latest technology using a compassionate, patient-centered approach. Stamford Health System is Planetree designated and is a major teaching affiliate of the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Together with our physicians, we provide a broad range of high-quality health and wellness services focused on the needs of our communities.
Stamford, Connecticut is an outstanding community in southern Fairfield County on Long Island Sound, 30 miles from Manhattan, with easy access to New England, local beaches, the exceptional cultural opportunities of the New York Metropolitan Area, and some of the country’s best school districts.