St. Luke’s University Health Network, the region’s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a Board Certified General Pediatrician to join our growing Network and dedicated team of physicians and advanced practitioners providing excellent care at St. Luke’s Quakertown Pediatrics.
Practice Highlights Include:
- Multi-provider practice with office located in Quakertown, Pennsylvania.
- Busy and growing pediatric practice with a team consisting of two physicians and two advanced practitioners.
- Practice is committed to patient accessibility and offers expanded hours with appointments available 6 days per week.
- Practice utilizes Health Call Nurse Triage system, significantly reducing the number of calls providers receive after hours.
Pediatric Department/ Network Highlights Include:
- The Department of Pediatrics consists of inpatient, primary care and specialty care providers across a variety of practice locations. The current inpatient unit is an 18 bed unit located at St. Luke’s University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA.
- Pediatric volumes have grown significantly over the past few years and the service line is expanding pediatric services within the community through the addition of a new 8 bed PICU opening in early 2020!
- The department is supported by a growing team of pediatric specialists including: GI, endocrinology, nephrology, developmental pediatrics, neurology, cardiology, dermatology, psychiatry, radiology, anesthesia, and more!
- Growing OB department with nearly 4,000 deliveries per year.
- 23 bed Level III NICU located at St. Luke’s University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA, 8 bed Level II NICU at St. Luke’s Allentown Campus and NEW 26 bed Level III NICU opening January 2020 at St. Luke’s Anderson Campus.
- Robust 11 hospital Network spread over a diverse geographic area providing emergency care for over 317,000 patients annually.
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network you’ll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Loan forgiveness program up to $100,000
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
Founded in 1872, St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 15,000 employees providing services at 11 hospitals and 300 outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Network’s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey. Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke’s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania.
In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke’s created the Lehigh Valley’s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation’s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 34 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 263 residents and fellows. St. Luke’s is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system with Medicare’s five- and four-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction.
St. Luke’s is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World’s Best Hospital. In 2019, three of IBM Watson Health’s 100 Top Hospitals were St. Luke’s hospitals. St. Luke’s University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health seven times total and five years in a row. St. Luke’s has also been cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program.
Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN’s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke’s is also recognized as one of the state’s lowest cost providers.