|Facility:||Dignity Health Medical Group - Arizona|
Dignity Health Medical Group is actively seeking a highly patient-centric physician to serve as a Hospitalist at our St. Joseph’s Hospital in Phoenix, AZ.
- Provides inpatient consults to patients admitted to the hospital, including critically ill floor patients
- Provides direct patient care for internal medicine conditions, treating diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, heart attacks, and other serious illnesses
- Discharges patients from the ER or Clinical Decision Unit as necessary
- Teaches medical students, residents and medical staff. Assists manager of department in evaluating clinical competencies of staff and participates in formal and informal staff education and training programs on a regular basis
- Supports the Program Director in matters relating to education
- Provides input into the development and implementation of appropriate clinical programs and technology
- Communicates with colleagues and other members of the medical staff to promote positive relations
- Assists department in collecting data for medical quality/performance improvement (QI) program
- Closed ICU
- MD or DO Degree and Active Board Certification
- Must have or be eligible for Arizona State medical licensure
- Completed ACGME Residency training with current ABMS Board Certification
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital privileges at Dignity Health Arizona hospitals
- Is a team-oriented provider that is passionate about providing quality care and furthering the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, while serving the poor and underprivileged.
With over 240 physicians and 800 total employees, Dignity Health Medical Group - Arizona is a comprehensive, integrated, multi-specialty, academic medical group that serves Dignity Health St. Joseph’s and Westgate Medical Centers, Chandler Regional Medical Center, and Mercy Gilbert Medical Center – a flagship region of Dignity Health currently ‘headquartered’ in San Francisco, California. The physicians of DHMG-AZ are regularly involved with clinical duties, as well as academics and translational bench research, keeping the enhancement of care and the patient experience at the forefront of the work that they do.
Dignity Health, as part of CommonSpirit Health—the largest not-for-profit healthcare organization in the nation—seeks to serve the poor and disenfranchised, while furthering the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. The mission of Dignity Health Medical Group - ARizona is consistent with Dignity Health's mission and St. Joseph's guiding principles with a focus on innovative clinical care and the pursuit of excellence through scholarly activities. As part of the Dignity Health hospital system, DHMG-AZ has full access to the staff and all facilities on our hospital campuses. This unique relationship with our hospital allows the group to provide its patients with state-of-the-art patient services including care of the poor and disenfranchised.
Like its legendary namesake rising out of the ashes, the greater Phoenix area has emerged as one of the bright metropolitan areas of the 21st century. The Phoenix area encompasses more than 20 incorporated cities, including Glendale, Scottsdale, Tempe and Mesa, and all serve as a timeless Southwestern backdrop to the spirit of Puebloans, cowboys, miners and visionaries. Recently, the Census Bureau named Arizona’s Maricopa County, which includes the greater Phoenix metro area, the county with the nation’s highest annual population growth. Home to more than 4 million residents where everyone has a sunny disposition, the Phoenix area also ranks as the sixth-largest city in the United States. Phoenix is a premier destination offering the best of both worlds: a growing and diverse economy and a great place to live with more than 300 sun-filled days a year and an almost endless supply of attractions including:
- 189 city parks, 33,000 acres of desert preserves and 200 miles of trails
- Host to MLB Spring Training and the annual Fiesta Bowl!
- Home of the “Phoenix Open” and 200 golf courses
- Professional sports teams including the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Arizona Cardinals.
- Host to 5 Fortune 500 company headquarters
- The “Best Mexican Food North of the Border!”
- Affordable housing and cost of living
- A family-friendly area, with the Children’s Museum of Phoenix, ample youth sports and athletic leagues, the Challenger Space Center Arizona, a wide variety of school options, including public, private, magnet and charter, the Phoenix Zoo, large water parks, SEA LIFE Arizona, and many more!
The Phoenix area is also a destination for people from all over the world to receive outstanding healthcare. This is particularly true of Dignity Health’s St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center – home to the world-renown Barrow Neurological Institute and The Norton Thoracic Institute - #1 lung transplant program in the U.S. - as well as many other world-class healthcare services and teaching programs.
Dignity Health Physician Recruitment
Email: Click Here to Email