We are seeking a BC/BE, fellowship trained neurointensivist to join a well-established and quickly growing multispecialty group of critical care physicians at the main university campus in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
We welcome inquiries from critical care specialists who are pursuing certification in neurocritical or a neurocritical care trained intensivist who has experience in managing a diverse population including medical, surgical and cardiac critical care patients. Care is coordinated with the full spectrum of specialists.
About our Neurocritical Care Program:
- Intensivist directed/ lead NCC service instituted as the primary admitting critical care neuroscience service with established quality and process improvement standards created collaboratively with both neurology and neurosurgery
- Epileptology monitoring unit and 24/7 critical care monitoring capabilities and support.
- Accomplished endovascular program with dedicated neurointerventialists
- Growing neurosciences service line with 9 neurosurgeons, 7 neurology stroke attendings, 4 epilpetologists with ongoing recruitment for acute care service lines.
- Stroke program with over 2000 stroke alerts this year and highest Get With the Guidelines recognition in the region
- Neurosciences high performance recognition by US News and World Reports 2021
- Temple University Lewis Katz School of Medicine academic appointment. Educational and research opportunities with growing neurology residency and developing neurocritical care and stroke fellowships.
- Diverse specialty all board certified/ eligible NCC intensivist service supported by specialized nursing and advanced practitioner providers along with resident house staff.
At St. Luke’s You Will Be:
- Serving as the leader of a multidisciplinary rounding team including students, residents, advanced practitioners, critical care pharmacists, respiratory therapists, & critical care nurses.
- Participating as an educator and faculty member for established fellowships in surgical critical care and pulmonary critical care with the goal of developing a neurocritical care fellowship.
- Teaching residents from multiple programs including internal medicine, emergency medicine, family medicine and neurology.
At St. Luke’s You Will Enjoy:
- Substantial compensation and a rich benefits package, including malpractice insurance, health and dental insurance, relocation assistance & CME allowance
- Starting bonus
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Professional support and growth within the network
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
- Opportunity for faculty appointment. SLUHN has a 4-year medical school in association with Temple University. Scholarly activity is encouraged and supported.
Founded in 1872, St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Network’s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke’s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke’s created the Lehigh Valley’s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation’s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 38 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 347 residents and fellows.
St. Luke’s is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system with Medicare’s five- and four-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. St. Luke’s is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World’s Best Hospital. In 2020, two of IBM Watson Health’s 100 Top Hospitals were St. Luke’s hospitals. St. Luke’s University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health eight times total and six years in a row. St. Luke’s has also been cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program.
Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN’s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke’s is also recognized as one of the state’s lowest cost providers.
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region’s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, DC and the Jersey Shore. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com.