St. Luke’s University Health Network, the region’s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a BC/BE Pediatric Intensivist to join our brand new 8 bed PICU at our Bethlehem Campus. If you are a physician who is excited by growth and new opportunities, we look forward to speaking with you! Candidates should possess exceptional professional, communication, problem solving and clinical skills.
- Our brand new 8 bed PICU is staffed by critical care intensivists and specially trained pediatric nurses and receives admissions from the Network’s 10 hospital campuses.
- The St. Luke’s Department of Pediatrics consists of inpatient, primary care and specialty care providers across a variety of practice locations.
- The current inpatient unit is an 18 bed unit located at St. Luke’s University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA. The team consists of 5 dedicated pediatric hospitalists who provide care in house 24/7 to patients admitted from any of the Network’s 12 hospital campuses.
- The Network employs pediatric specialists in 13 specialty areas and is continuing to grow both the breadth and depth of pediatric sub-specialty services.
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network you’ll enjoy:
- Substantial compensation and a rich benefits package, including malpractice insurance, health and dental insurance, & CME allowance
- Starting bonus!
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Professional support and growth within the network
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
Founded in 1872, St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Network’s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke’s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke’s created the Lehigh Valley’s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation’s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 38 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 347 residents and fellows.
St. Luke’s is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system with Medicare’s five- and four-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. St. Luke’s is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World’s Best Hospital. In 2020, two of IBM Watson Health’s 100 Top Hospitals were St. Luke’s hospitals. St. Luke’s University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health eight times total and six years in a row. St. Luke’s has also been cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program.
Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN’s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke’s is also recognized as one of the state’s lowest cost providers.
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region’s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, DC and the Jersey Shore. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com.