Director of Arthroplasty Opportunity in Greenville, NC
ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FROM SEARCH FIRMS FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Orthopedics, located in eastern North Carolina, are expanding and seeking an experienced Board Certified Adult Reconstruction Surgeon to assume the role of Director Of Arthroplasty for Vidant Health. Applicants should be fellowship trained and have at least 5 years of experience. Hospital privileges will be at Vidant Medical center located in Greenville, North Carolina.
Vidant Orthopedics provides care to patients throughout Vidant Health, a 9 hospital healthcare system serving eastern North Carolina with a robust network of primary and specialty care services. The successful candidate will be responsible for expanding arthroplasty services as part of a programmatic expansion.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center, a 974-bed level 1 trauma center with opportunities to provide care at regional hospitals
- Access to a nationally recognized Ambulatory Surgery Center for outpatient procedures
- Guaranteed support from an established Orthopedic Trauma Service
- 24/7 inpatient and outpatient support by a team of 8 nurse practitioners and physician assistants
- Expansive referral network consisting of 29 counties and over 1.4 million people
- Outpatient clinic with in-house x-ray, DME, etc.
- Dedicated block OR scheduling
- Low call burden
- High volume surgical program
- Epic EMR System
- Competitive compensation including base salary and bonus structure
- Full physician benefit package including relocation
- Ability to live only an hour away from the beautiful North Carolina coast
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Vidant Health is a mission-driven, 1,712-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is made up of 15,000 employees, 9 hospitals, home health, hospice, wellness centers, and Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group with more than 550 providers in more than 100 practice sites in eastern North Carolina. Vidant is affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant has a mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina. For more information, visit www.vidanthealth.com.
If you, or a colleague, ,is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Amanda Mercer at (252)847-9029 or Amanda.Mercer@Vidanthealth.com.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|