Hospital Cardiologist - NO NIGHT CALL - Wausau, Wisconsin
Aspirus Heart Care is seeking a BC/BE Hospital Cardiologist Physician to join their busy cardiology group in Wausau, Wisconsin
- Full time position, 7 on/7 off
- No competing groups or providers at any of the health system hospitals
- Well established collegial group, owned by Aspirus Health system
- Cardiovascular Executive Committee meets monthly and integrates physician leaders with senior system executives offering great support for CV initiatives
- Close collaboration with Interventional Cardiologists, Electrophysiologists, and integrated CT Surgeons
- Support from advanced valvular and structural heart disease, heart failure, cardio-oncology, and pulmonary hypertension specialty clinics
- NP/PA support for admissions, consults, rounding, and discharges
- IBM Watson has selected Aspirus Health as a Top 15 Health System for the 4th year in a row and Aspirus Wausau Hospital as a Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital in the country for a 7th year in a row
- Outstanding outdoor opportunities throughout the area, including golf, mountain bike trails, hiking, fishing, snowshoeing, hockey, and boating
Aspirus Heart Care is a large, single specialty cardiology group covering central and northern Wisconsin, as well as the upper peninsula of Michigan. For 30 years, the group has consistently provided state-of-the-art, patient focused cardiovascular services for the region.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the only hospital in the United States that has been selected as a Watson Health Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital for 7 consecutive years in a row!
Using the latest diagnostic and surgical innovations, Aspirus Heart & Vascular provides complete cardiovascular care, including:
- Atrial Fibrillation (A-Fib) and Heart Rhythm Treatment
- Heart Valve Disease
- Chronic Total Occlusion Treatment
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Beating-heart surgery
- Cardiac Rehab
- Aspirus Research Institute - Clinical Research
- Vascular Surgery
For a 4th year in a row, Aspirus Health has been recognized as one of the Top 15 Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance. We are a system of 17 hospitals and more than 80 clinics that spans over 25,000 square miles throughout Central Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is licensed for 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women’s health, and spine and neurological care.
In January 2019, Aspirus Wausau Hospital opened an eight-bed Clinical Decision Unit (CDU). The new unit aims to improve patient length-of-stay for observation and ambulatory patients throughout the hospital.
The hospital is continually recognized nationally for the level of care it provides. Aspirus Wausau Hospital has earned high quality ratings or awards from prominent quality agencies such as HealthGrades, Thomson Reuters, Truven Health, Becker’s Hospital Review, Mission: Lifeline® and U.S. News & World Report.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. A normal commute is ten minutes to any part of town. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis. For More Information, Visit https://www.wausauchamber.com/