Hospitalist Opportunity in Standish, Michigan
Rural Physicians Group (RPG) is seeking a Hospitalist to provide 24 hour care at the top of their license while making a positive impact in the rural communities we serve! The Hospitalist will provide a minimum of 5-7 consecutive shifts in an effort to provide continuity of care and consistency at this RPG partner hospital:
- 25 bed Critical Access Hospital (5 ICU)
- Subspecialties: General, Ortho, OB, GI, Cardio, Neuro, Pulm, Cardiac Rehab
- Avg. Daily Census of 8
- Physicians providing care at this location will oversee a
- APP model at a neighboring hospital in Tawas, MI (coverage fees for APP oversight) and be credentialed for coverage purposes
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Contractor (1099) Status - enjoy tax benefits of owning your own business!
- Convenient billing submitted on your behalf - keep what you earn.
- Malpractice Insurance provided by RPG
SCHEDULE & ACCOMODATIONS
- minimum 7 consecutive day shifts per month
- Hospitalists are provided on-site, private, comfortable, hospitalist suite
- Schedule flexibility: hospitalist submit their chosen availability and receive their schedule in advance with PT and FT opportunities
- Board certified
- Active state license (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to perform at top of license
- Clean malpractice and disciplinary history
- Prior experience, IM or FP preferred
- Proficient with intubations, central lines, and vent management
- COVID and ACLS
Rural Physicians Group is an expansive physician network of rural-focused hospitalists, surgicalists and APPs that are passionate about helping rural hospitals meet the needs of the communities they serve. We offer a true, permanent solution to the crisis facing more than 1,300 rural hospitals across the United States, and we are actively growing our network of exceptional providers to help us achieve this mission.
By working with Rural Physicians Group, our hospital partners receive full-time, dedicated providers on site, filling a critical void in care coverage and allowing for better patient outcomes. Better outcomes lead to expanded inpatient services. Expanded inpatient services revitalize the hospital. And a revitalized hospital improves the entire community. This is the way rural medicine should be. An extraordinary solution to a very complex problem.
Ascension St. Joseph Hospital is delivers specialty and 24/7 emergency care, a Level 4 Trauma Center and walk-in clinic with attached SNF (hospitalists cover the SNF every weekend for emergency calls, admissions, and discharges).
Local Attractions and Airport: Midland Base Saginaw (35 minutes away) With the Midland Base Saginaw Airport 35 mins away, This small town is on the shore of Lake Huron's Saginaw Bay and is home to small family owned stores and markets. 15 minutes away, in many of the Lake Huron towns, are year round destinations for visitors to enjoy, from dining to waterfront parks, to shopping, to enjoying the outdoors by fishing, canoeing, golf, and lots more! https://www.harborhouse.com/digital/tawas/