Academic Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist Job in Greenville, NC
ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FROM SEARCH FIRMS FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
The Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Medicine at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University is accepting applications for two BE/BC Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists to serve as full-time Assistant or Associate Professors. New graduates and Visa candidates encouraged to apply.
Job Highlights include:
- Excellent blend of clinical care, teaching, and scholarly activities
- Work with growing, multi-disciplinary, and collegial department
- Provide direct clinical care both face-to-face and via telepsychiatry for regional community partners
- Assist in the teaching and clinical supervision of medical students, residents, and other health professional trainees;
- Collaborate with other faculty members in conducting clinical research, with the opportunity to initiate projects if desired;
- Function as a University faculty member, performing such duties as appropriate to academic rank and position.
- Salary and academic rank (tenure track or fixed term) commensurate with experience and academic background
- Relocation Assistance
- CME Days & Reimbursement
- Malpractice (with tail)
- State Benefits
- Life Insurance
The School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
The teaching hospital affiliated with ECU Brody School of Medicine is Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina and the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. Vidant Medical Center is over a 974-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, are interested in learning more about this psychiatry opportunity in Greenville, NC, then contact Ashley Rudolph at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (252) 847-1944.