Internist for practice near Sunny Beaches
Busy, well established 4 member primary practice group seeks BC/BE internal medicine or family practitioner ( no OB ) to join their private practice. The practice is located in the SE Health Doctors Building attached to Southeast Alabama Medical Center, making hospital rounding convenient. Hospitalist coverage is available for unassigned patients. Senior partner retired last year leaving established patient base available.
- Competitive Salary with comprehensive benefits package that includes but is not limited to health insurance, malpractice, vacation and matching retirement
- 1 year salary guaranteed within 75th MGMA guidelines
- Commencement bonus
- Generous relocation expense allowance
- Interviewing expenses paid for
- 1 in 4 weekend call rotation; 1 night per week call
- Clinic hours 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. Mon - Thurs;Friday 7 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Numerous ancillary tests and procedures are available in the clinic
- Option available to treat patients in SE Health Outpatient Wound Clinic
- One of the largest not-for-profit tertiary referral centers in Alabama
- 420 licensed bed facility
- 2,700+ dedicated employees
- 350 active Medical Staff
- 22 ORs with 2 endovascular suites and open heart, IR and Vas surgery
- Interventional cardiology, EP and radiology labs, lithotripsy, 3 MRIs (1 a 3-T), 3 CTs including a 64 slice CT and Pet Scanner
- 24/7 Neurosurgery coverage with 3 employed neurosurgeons and 1 fellowship trained neuroendovascular interventionalist
- 10 bed dedicated Neurocritical Care Unit for acute stroke/neuroendovascular care
- 28 bed inpatient psychiatric program and outpatient center with psychiatric hospitalist coverage
- Serves over 600,000 in a 75-mile radius
- The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) is Alabama’s first osteopathic medical school and the first in the U.S. to be developed by a regional medical center.
- The second class of 143 students graduated from ACOM in June 2018.
- An ACGME Internal Medicine Residency program began July 2018 with an inaugural class of 13 residents. Intervie
- Nearby lakes and rivers and less than 100 miles to Gulf Coast Beaches
- Robust business environment ranked #1 in retail salesin Alabama (per capita)
- Highland Oaks, a Robert Trent Jones Golf Course, and other public and private golf courses and driving ranges
- Regional Airport served by Delta Airlines
- Recognized as a “Playful City” with 19 parks, 6 public swimming pools, 47 tennis courts including a 20-court complex built to professional standards
- Recognized nationally as a best place to raise kids and a best place to retire