Family Medicine Opportunity in Rural MN Lakes Country - Perham MN
Sanford Health is seeking a Board Certified or Board Eligible Family Medicine physician with or without interest in obstetrics to join staff at the Perham Health Clinic with locations in Perham and New York Mills, MN. Perham Health includes four clinics, a 25-bed critical access hospital, 98-bed skilled nursing and assisted living facility.
- Practitioners enjoy a shared practice concept; Call (1:6) is mostly evening call via phone during the week and 1:6 weekend call which would include hospital rounds
- A variety of services are offered including OB (approximately 150 deliveries/year) and hospital inpatient services
- Four of the Family Medicine providers average 40 infant deliveries/year.
- Clinic hours are 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, Monday-Friday, in addition to a Saturday morning clinic.
- ER coverage is provided by a full-time physician.
Sanford Health offers Nationally Competitive two-year guarantee with an additional Physician Benefit package including, 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, Paid CME, Paid Time Away, Malpractice, Disability, Relocation Allowance.
- Perham, MN Community Information
- Population: 3,000; Service Area: 10,000
- Visitor Information
- Perham boasts a new, state-of-the-art high school; a competitive job market; and endless outdoor recreational opportunities - both summer and winter. Neighboring New York Mills has a population of 1,230, and is the production capital of Lund Boat Company. Shopping, sporting events, concerts, and more events are in easy reach, with Fargo, N.D. only 70 miles to the west.
To learn more about this practice opportunity or to forward your CV for consideration contact: Martty Trout, Physician Recruiter
In 2012, Perham Health Service completed construction of a state-of-the-art; 25-bed critical access hospital equipped with two operating suites, an endoscopy suite, and advanced imaging equipment. Facility features include; a family birth center, general radiology, mammography, ultrasound, a 4-slice fixed CT, mobile MRI, Echo, DEXA scan, nuclear radiology, lab, DME and pharmacy. Perham Health operates clinics in Perham, Ottertail and New York Mills. Perham Health Service also includes a 98-bed skilled nursing facility, an assisted living facility and home care service.
Sanford Health staff working at Perham Health includes 8 family medicine physicians (2 with Ob/Gyn, 1 Internal Medicine/Pediatrician, 2 Surgeons, 1 Psychologist and 7 Advanced Practice Providers. Clinic hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 AM–5:00 PM, in addition to Saturday morning clinic.
Sanford specialists provide outreach services which include cardiology, adult psychiatry, psychology, diabetes education, obstetrics/gynecology, orthopedic surgery, podiatry medicine, sleep medicine, oncology, hand surgery, nephrology, interventional radiology, pathology, urology, orthotics, and diabetes education.
Sanford Health is the largest rural not-for-profit health care system in the Nation and is dedicated to excellence in patient care, innovation and pioneering integrated care. Our model of integrated health provides care through physicians, hospitals, health plan, research and education. Our reputation of excellence is founded on our talented team of over 1,400 primary and specialty care physicians located in 140 locations throughout Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota. These practices are all networked by our state-of-the art EMR system -- EPIC.
With more than 26,000 employees, Sanford Health is the largest employer in North and South Dakota. The system is experiencing dynamic growth and development in conjunction with T. Denny Sanford's gift, the largest gift ever to a health care organization in America. This gift is making possible the implementation of several initiatives including global children's clinics in China, Ireland, Africa, Israel and Mexico., multiple research centers, eradicating breast cancer and finding a cure for Type 1 diabetes.
Perham, Minnesota is a small, yet vibrant city located in the ‘heart’ of Minnesota’s lake country. Home to many employment opportunities, a wide variety of recreation activities, and a relaxed, resort-like lifestyle, Perham offers many of the attractions of big-city life while providing the home-town feel of a smaller community.
Located in Otter Tail County, Perham provides almost immediate access to an abundance of recreational opportunities including 1,048 lakes and over 140 miles of snowmobile trails. ‘Boating Magazine’ calls Otter Tail County one of the “Ten Best Places to Call Home.” More than 3,000 people call Perham, Minnesota home and are happy to share why they love living in Perham. Perham is more than just a great place to live and raise a family. The community features an active downtown, with many shops, restaurants and attractions for people of all ages. Because of Perham’s unique location, it offers year-round community events as well as outdoor recreational activity such as swimming, boating, fishing, and hunting.
Living in Perham means a relaxed lifestyle in a close-knit community where you don’t have to sacrifice an excellent education or high quality health care and services. If you’re ready to make a move and choose the best of both worlds, consider Perham as your move of a lifetime.
When you join Sanford Health you will join a leader in the health care industry in the Upper Midwest. Sanford Health offers:
- Competitive compensation and full benefits package
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Research and academic opportunties
- Call schedules allowing for meaningful family time
- Excellent referral base from Sanford's primary care clinics
- No partnership buy-in costs
- State-of-the-art technology
For more information regarding this excellent practice opportunity contact:
Sanford Health Physician Placement (Fargo Region)
510 6th Ave N; Suite A
P O Box 2010
Fargo, ND 58122-2181