Pediatrics - Neurologist
Discover America’s Best Kept Secret… Des Moines!
Mercy Children's Hospital & Clinics is seeking a BC/BE Pediatric Neurologist to join an existing community based practice that has tremendous upside potential. Ideal candidate will have Fellowship training in Epilepsy. This opportunity offers competitive compensation including a generous sign-on bonus/student loan repayment and 401k match.
- 5-8 inpatients per week
- Call 1:4
- Outpatient practice located on main campus of Mercy
- XLTEK equipment with 24/7 monitoring:
- Cranial Nerve
Mercy Children's Hospital & Clinics
- 44-bed Level III NICU
- 19-bed unit PICU
- Central Iowa’s only Pediatric CV Surgery Program
- Pediatric Emergency room with 12 beds & 3 trauma beds
- 22-bed Med/Surg Unit
- 16-bed Pediatric Psychiatry Unit
- Access to Pediatric Subspecialists
- 9 Pediatric Clinics throughout central Iowa
- #1 Best State to Live in America, 2018 - U.S. News & World Report
- #4 Best City to Live in America, 2018 - U.S. News & World Report
- #1 Place to Live and Work - Physicians Thrive
- #1 Best State to Practice Medicine in the U.S. – WalletHub
- #1 Best Affordable Place to Live in the U.S. – U.S. News & World Report
- #1 City with an Up-and-Coming Downtown – Fortune
- Fastest Growing Metro City in the Midwest – U.S. Census Bureau
- Best City for Families – Kiplinger
- Voted as the Safest City in America – Gallup
- Best City for Young Professionals – Forbes
- Wealthiest City in America – The Today Show
Mercy Clinics, central Iowa’s largest multispecialty clinic system, was established in August 1983, as a subsidiary of Mercy Medical Center – Des Moines. Today, Mercy Clinics employs more than 375 physicians and allied health professionals representing over 30 specialties and subspecialties. We operate more than 50 clinics with locations in central Iowa.
At Mercy Clinics we are dedicated to helping our community members optimize their health and well-being while providing patients and families with health care experiences that surpass their expectations. We lead the way in improving quality through innovative care management and set the standard for providing high-quality care with compassion. Mercy Clinics is home to the most advanced treatments, many of which are exclusive services only offered by professionals at Mercy.
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
Since 2003, Mercy Clinics has been actively engaged in the development of a medical home/advanced primary care delivery system based on Wagner’s Chronic Care Model and the Six Aims for Improvement from the Institute of Medicine (IOM).
In 2008, Mercy Clinics was the recipient of the American Medical Group Association’s (AMGA) Acclaim Award. This award is presented annually to one health system that “exemplifies the best quality health care in the U.S.” Mercy Clinics achieved this honor through its work in chronic care management, medical home model development and health coach implementation.
In 2013, Mercy Clinics was among 30 clinics nationwide Selected as an Exemplar Primary Care Practice by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Group Health Research Institute.
In 2015, 25 Mercy Clinics received National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Recognition for using evidence-based, patient-centered processes that focus on highly coordinated care and long-term, participative relationships.