Incredible Position for Family Medicine Physician
Amazing Opportunity for Family Medicine in beautiful Southern Illinois offering comfortable lifestyle and more!
Southern Illinois Healthcare (SIH) is seeking a Family Medicine Physician to join their hospital-employed group.
- Competitive Salary
- Productivity bonus
- Sign-on bonus
- Student loan bonus
- Relocation bonus
- Paid CME days with allowance
- 27 paid vacation days
Practice medicine in a newly remodeled clinic located in beautiful Anna, IL.
Joining you in the practice would be a full-time Nurse Practitioner as well as a visiting Podiatrist.
Please visit https://southernmostillinois.com/union-county/ and enjoy!
The people of Southern Illinois Healthcare, a not-for-profit health care system, are dedicated to promoting the health and well being of all of the people in the communities we serve. Our mission is guided by our values: compassion, collaboration, quality, stewardship, integrity, accountability and respect. Over 3,700 employees, along with physicians and volunteers, work together to achieve our mission and ensure that the health care needs of those we serve are met. We make this a reality by treating patients in SIH facilities, offering services in rural clinics, collaborating with some of America's best hospitals and improving our communities through our charitable community benefits programs.
Carbondale is known for farmers markets, festivals and summer concerts in the park. With Southern Illinois University in town, there is no shortage of things to do. One can enjoy visiting the local wineries and breweries, or boating on one of the many public lakes.
You will be living in beautiful southern Illinois, a hidden treasure in America’s heartland. The region is bounded by the Ohio and Mississippi rivers and dotted with accessible lakes nestled in the great hardwoods in the hills of the Shawnee National Forest. The area is rich with state parks, including famous Giant City State Park and Lodge, Garden of the Gods and Little Grand Canyon.
Area residents enjoy four seasons with a long fall and spring and a mild winter. Parents can choose from diverse schools, many of them newly built, with above average student assessment scores. 50 nationalities are represented within the community. All of this quality lifestyle comes at a very pleasant cost. One may purchase a new home with a mortgage that is less than the rent of an apartment in most major cities. The average three-bedroom home costs $200,000.
- Easy access to St. Louis, Nashville, Memphis & Chicago
- Enjoy the 30+ award-winning local vineyards
- Enjoy numerous music festivals and local art fairs
- Academics available with Top 100 Research University, Southern Illinois University
- Learn to fly at the local aviation school
- Cheer on Southern Illinois University’s popular football and basketball teams
- Be entertained with a multitude of cultural experiences at famous Shryock Auditorium (symphony, art, opera)
- 25 golf courses, 3 state parks, boating, fishing, sailing, hiking, rock climbing, bicycle trails and hunting
There is boating and sailing, fishing, hiking and rock climbing, winding horse trails and miles of cycling paths. You can also tee up at over 25 golf-courses or take a trip on the southern Illinois wine trail where you can visit dozens of wineries and bed and breakfasts. Music festivals and local fairs are numerous and there are many historical attractions, unique shops and towns and fine restaurants with local and international cuisine.
Home of Southern Illinois University
SIU, located in Carbondale, is a public research university, with a medical school, law school and business school. The Southern Illinois Salukis participate at the Division I level of intercollegiate athletics. SIU also offers a full schedule of theater, live music, opera and other events at historic Shryock Auditorium and modern McLeod Theater. Students come from all 50 states, and from over 100 countries. SIU is ranked in the top 5% of all US higher education institutions for research.
John A. Logan Community College is just 10 miles from SIU and currently has the lowest in-district tuition and mandatory fees rates in the state. It also offers many educational and cultural activities for the community.
Local shopping includes many quality, national stores and, in southern Illinois, you are only two hours from St. Louis, three hours from Nashville or Memphis and five hours from Chicago. It is also a great area for your children - parents can choose from diverse schools – 50 nationalities are represented within the community – with above average student assessment scores with above-average student assessment scores.
Climate is mild, with an extended and vibrant fall season, mild winters, and long, warm Spring seasons. Average rainfall is 47.21 inches, snowfall 11 inches, low temperature averages 44.9 degrees and high temperatures average 67.5 degrees.
Forward-thinking and financially strong, SIH prides itself in fostering leaders, promoting teamwork, and providing quality care coordination and transitions. Our passionate and strategic administration, alongside our friendly, skilled, and patient-focused staff, work together to cultivate a supportive and positive working environment.
- SIH is not-for-profit and the largest provider of charity care and community benefits in southern Illinois
- Region's largest and most accomplished healthcare system with over 3,800 employees including over 300 employed providers
- Physician engagement surveys analyze our opportunities and focus our actions for improvement
- System-wide Epic EMR
- 350,000 patient population
- Hospital employed, with generous compensation and benefits package
- Free, on-site hospital and clinic parking
- Friendly community atmosphere
- Diverse population
- Surrounded by state parks and national forest
- Recreation including lakes, hiking, rock climbing, cycling paths, golf courses, breweries and dozens of wineries
- Home of Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Live music, performing arts, and numerous outdoor festivals
- Short drive to metropolitan/urban areas including: St. Louis, Nashville and Chicago
- Quality educational opportunities in public and private schools
- Experience the beauty of all four seasons
- Reasonable cost of living