Seeking Invasive/Non-Invasive Non-Interventional Cardiologist - Heart Failure/Transplant Interest
Lutheran Medical Group in Ft. Wayne, IN is seeking a BE/BC Invasive Non-Interventional or Non-Invasive Cardiologist with a strong interest in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant to join a large, dynamic, multidisciplinary Cardiology group of CV surgeons, Non-Invasive Cardiologists, Interventional Cardiologists, Electrophysiologists, Advanced Heart Failure and Heart Transplant Cardiologists in Ft. Wayne, IN. With our own heart transplant program, Lutheran Health Network provides the full spectrum of cardiology care to northeast Indiana.
Current and recent Cardiology fellows are encouraged to apply. * No Visa support.
Lutheran Health Network Cardiology:
- Service Line Offerings Include:TAVR, Mitraclip, Watchman, CardoioMEMS & others
- Surgery includes:VADs, Transplants
- Clinics:Advance Heart Failure, Amputation Prevention, Aneurysm Care, AFib, Cardiac Device, Lipid Care, Pulmonary Hypertension, Structural Heart & Valve, Cardiac Oncology, and Vascular Medicine
- Advanced Imaging all within the cardiac service line: 3D Echo, Nuclear, Cardiac MRI, Cardiac CT
- Research opportunities available within our own research organization
- 4 Cath Labs (2 Hybrid Labs for structural heart procedures) & 2 EP labs
- Cerner EMR with Lumedx Cardiac PACS
- Ability to tailor your key responsibilities to your strengths
- Nocturnists to cover primary night call. Shared weekend day coverage only.
A comprehensive compensation package will be offered and may include:
*Competitive Base Salary plus Incentive
*Commencement Bonus and/or Signing Bonus
*Potential for Medical Education Debt Repayment
*Potential for fellowship stipend
*CME, Licensure, Dues, Subscriptions
*Health, Retirement & Vacation
Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Rated #1 city in Indiana to raise your kids
- Second largest city in Indiana with a population of 360,000+ and clinical draw of 1.2M
- Always ranked in the top 10 Lowest Cost of Living cities in the country
- Excellent public, private, and parochial schools, as well as colleges and universities
- Active academic community, including Indiana University School of Medicine and The Fort Wayne Medical Education Program, a family practice residency program
- 87 public parks, 25 golf courses, 25 miles of connected trails for walking, running, hiking and biking, and 300 lakes within 50 miles
- Family activities: the award winning Children’s Zoo and Science Central Art and cultural: Fort Wayne Philharmonic, Fort Wayne Museum of Art, and the Botanical Conservatory
- Rated #1 city in the country for minor league sports (baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and NCAA Division I college sports)
- Close to Indianapolis (two hours), Chicago, Cincinnati, and Detroit (three-hours)
- www.visitfortwayne.com, www.cityoffortwayne.org, www.fwchamber.org
Lutheran Hospital is a 396-bed tertiary care facility that opened on Thanksgiving Day in 1904. Lutheran’s areas of specialized care include northern Indiana’s only heart and kidney transplant programs, a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®, Level II verified adult and pediatric trauma centers, an accredited and commended community hospital cancer care program and a certified primary stroke center. Lutheran’s trailblazing history of heart care is also evident through its accreditations as a heart failure institute and chest pain center. It has also achieved advanced certification from The Joint Commission for ventricular assist devices. Lutheran Children’s Hospital teams with more than 75 pediatricians practicing in 27 areas of pediatric specialty in an environment filled with imagination and color. Lutheran Hospital is committed to providing the highest level of expertise and technology locally so patients don’t have to travel hours from home to receive the care they deserve.
Lutheran Health Network, whose members are owned by subsidiaries of Community Health Systems, is an integrated healthcare delivery system and the largest healthcare provider in the region with eight separately licensed hospitals and nearly 1,000 licensed beds including 793 in Allen County alone. The foundation of Lutheran Health Network is a strong team consisting of more than 7,000 associates. Each network entity offers a wide range of services and specialties. LHN facilities had more than 41,500 inpatient admissions and more than half a million outpatient visits in 2012. The community of Ft. Wayne, Indiana is a great place to live, work and play. Ft. Wayne, the state’s second largest city, is a three-time All-America City Award winner and has also received the City Livability Award from The United States Conference of Mayors. Our community is affordable – 9% below the national average – and regularly ranks near the top of the list for most affordable housing. The educational system includes multiple universities and excellent public and private schools. Art and cultural activities include a 66-mile trail network, the Philharmonic, multiple museums, and sports teams. “The Summit City” also offers many opportunities for golf enthusiasts including courses designed by Jack Nicklaus. Furthermore, Ft. Wayne is centrally located and just a short drive from major metropolitan areas such as Chicago, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Detroit.
Lutheran Health Network continues to provide patients with extensive access to specialized care through its hospitals, patient care centers and physician practices. The strength of Lutheran Health Network allows it to recruit highly skilled physicians, innovate with the newest technology and participate in clinical research. These attributes enable it to sustain and grow its spectrum of services, and most importantly, deliver the choice, support, care and patient experience that have long been its hallmark.
Network members include Bluffton Regional Medical Center, Dukes Memorial Hospital, Dupont Hospital, Kosciusko Community Hospital, Lutheran Hospital, The Orthopedic Hospital, RediMed, Rehabilitation Hospital of Ft. Wayne, St. Joseph Hospital and Community Memorial Hospital, an affiliate of the network located in northwestern Ohio.
www.LutheranHealth.net and www.VisitFortWayne.com