Physician owned and operated democratic group with 4 Emergency Departments in Wichita.
CarePoint Healthcare founded in 1996 in Denver, Colorado. CarePoint is a multi-specialty physician-owned and operated practice dedicated to delivering quality, compassionate care. With a stable history and over 200 healthcare providers in our group, this is one of the largest private practice physician groups in the region. CarePoint seeks emergency medicine, family medicine, or internal medicine/pediatric physicians to join the team. CarePoint covers four emergency departments in Wichita, including Wesley Medical Center; a Level I Trauma Center, Physicians are competitively compensated and have the ability to gain partnership in the group.
· Competitive annual compensation of $300,000 plus
· Flexible scheduling
· Equalized shift distribution
· Manageable workload with excellent infrastructure & support
· Care team includes mid-levels and scribes
· Partnership track
· Malpractice insurance
· Excellent benefits
· 401(k) retirement
· Starting bonus
· Relocation allowance
Completion of an ACGME accredited emergency medicine, family medicine, or internal medicine/pediatric residency is required. New graduate emergency medicine physicians are welcome to apply. Family medicine and internal medicine/pediatric physicians with direct emergency care experience post residency are welcome to apply.
Wesley Medical Center is a regional acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. The medical staff of 850 physicians and 3,400 employees provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for more than 1 million residents of from Kansas and parts of contiguous states. Every year, more than 180,000 patients are treated and more than 6,000 babies are born at Wesley. The hospital was founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church and has been part of the HCA hospital system since 1985. In 2016, Wesley completed a 28 million dollar construction project to launch Wesley Children's Hospital. www.wesleymc.com
Living in Wichita, KS
* Wichita is home to 600K+ in greater metro area
* Named an All-American City four times for quality of life (affordability, education, cultural and sports activities, and safety)
* Recently Named to Money Magazine Top Ten Best 300K+ Cities with single family homes 40% below national median, cost of living 10.3% percent below national average
* Brookings Institution's #22 city for science, technology, engineering and math jobs with a diverse population of postgraduate degreed professionals
* Home of the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita with over 1,000 faculty members and 13 ACGME accredited residency programs
* 14 minutes from hospital to airport with five major airlines, hundreds of national and international connections
* Physician commute times average 12 minutes
Please reply with CV to hospital system's in-house recruiter. Include cover message explaining your reasons for interest in living and working in Wichita.
Wesley Medical Center is a regional acute-care center and Level 1 Trauma Center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. The medical staff of 850 physicians and 3,400 employees provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for patients from throughout Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Every year, more than 180,000 patients are treated and more than 6,000 babies are born at Wesley. The hospital was founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church and has been part of the HCA hospital system since 1985. In 2019, Wesley will complete more than 50 million dollars in capital investment in Wesley Children's Hospital. Wesley was named among The Joint Commission's Top Performers on Key Quality Measures
The city regularly makes the popular 'top city' lists as a smaller metro area with many of the things families are seeking, combined with lower than average cost of living. Most recent: Wichita named to CNN Money's top 10 most affordable real estate markets. Forbes ranks Wichita 11th best city in which to raise a family.
* The metro population is 390,000, but the city is the medical hub for 2/3s of the state of Kansas and parts of contiguous states--over 1.5 million
* Wichita is home to 70% of the U.S. general aviation industry, with corporations like Boeing, Hawker-Beechcraft and Cessna.
* Other major headquarters in Wichita include Koch Industries, Coleman
* This unique combination of Medical, Aviation and International Business makes Wichita home to a diverse group of internationally born/educated post-graduate degreed professionals