Palliative Care Physician in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Join our Team
Parkview Health is actively recruiting a Board Eligible/Board Certified Palliative Care Physician to join their well-established team in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Specifics of Your Role in Palliative Care
- Seeking a physician for our full time position to deliver exceptional care to seriously ill patients in our hospital, out-patient palliative clinic and nursing homes.
- Joining a dedicated and cohesive team, performing clinical rounds, conducting and participating in family meetings, collaborating with referring physicians and community.
- Interface and participate with Schwartz Rounds Center.
- Flexible schedule to ensure work-life balance
- On-Call is rotated and usually handled by phone
- The interdisciplinary team includes 2 physicians, 10 advanced practice providers, social workers, chaplain, and pharmacist team that covers the Parkview campuses, including our out-patient clinic.
- Join an interdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals committed to providing excellent care for in-patients and out-patients with serious, life threatening or end of life illness.
- Well established Palliative Care program, ‘The Joint Commission’ certified since June 2017
- Full Interdisciplinary team-based approach
- Advance Care Planning
- Symptom Management
- Spiritual and emotional assessment and support with the goal of preserving the quality of life
- EPIC EMR
- A strong, stable, financially sound and innovative healthcare system.
- Proudly committed to bringing the highest quality of care to northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio
- Region’s largest employer with over 13,000 employees
- Health system is comprised of more than 800 world-class providers in more than 45 specialties in over 300 locations.
- Named one of the nation’s top employers by Forbes
- Community hospitals recognized among Best Places to Work in Indiana
- Highly competitive salaries plus annual incentive compensation opportunity
- Commencement bonus
- Paid relocation
- Student loan assistance
- Retirement contribution plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- And many other non-traditional benefits!
For additional information or to submit your CV, please contact us at ProviderCareers@parkview.com.
Parkview Health is a not-for-profit, community-based health system serving northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio. With more than 13,000 employees, we’re the region’s largest employer.
Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne operates the Samaritan Flight Program and a hospital-based hospitalist and intensivist/eICU® program. Latest technology includes, daVinci® Robotic Surgery for cardiovascular, urological, gynecological and colorectal surgery and CyberKnife® at the Parkview Cancer Institute.
As northeast Indiana’s healthcare leader, our employees exemplify the values of Trust, Quality, Flexibility, Teamwork and Stewardship. Our corporate culture embraces the diversity of employees, physicians and patients within each facility.
Parkview employees and physicians have earned the following certifications and accreditations:
- Magnet status
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Certified Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Centers
- Accredited Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
Parkview Health is northeast Indiana’s largest not-for-profit healthcare provider, guided by a mission to improve the health of the communities we serve. Our clinical teams provide compassionate care, equipped with state-of-the-art technology and facilities.
Parkview Health Hospitals:
- Parkview Regional Medical Center, Fort Wayne, including:
- Parkview Hospital Randallia, Fort Wayne, including
- Parkview Huntington Hospital, Huntington
- Parkview Noble Hospital, Kendallville
- Parkview LaGrange Hospital, LaGrange
- Parkview Wabash Hospital, Wabash
- Parkview Whitley Hospital, Columbia City
Northeast Indiana is in the middle of it all, located just three hours or less by car from Midwest cities including Chicago, Cincinnati and Indianapolis – but with its own unique vibe and easygoing lifestyle.
Here, we offer the opportunity to create your version of the American dream, whether you’re looking to grow your career, family or home.
Fort Wayne, the region’s hub and Indiana’s second largest city, consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in the U.S. and boasts some of the nation’s lowest cost of living.
Putting the Life in Your Work-Life Balance
Northeast Indiana has the charm of small-town life, but with big-city amenities, like vibrant downtown Fort Wayne. It has dining and night life that rival the most eclectic places across the nation. We are big on outdoor adventures, and we love to explore. If you’re a fan of professional sports, you won’t be bored. If you like fairs, festivals and happenings, you’ll have every weekend covered. There are so many events to keep you busy every day of the week!
We encourage you to come visit our growing health system and vibrant community and we will commit to welcoming you with our big-hearted hospitality.