Primary Care/Internal Medicine Practice Opportunity
Primary Care Physician needed to care for our Veterans - Great Benefits!
The Carl Vinson VA Medical Center located in Dublin, GA is searching for a BE/BC Family Practice/Internal Medicine Physician. As a Staff Physician you will provide primary care services for a panel of 1300 patients. Physician will perform exams accordingly to performance measure guidelines and procedures and dictate notes accordingly to policy/procedure.
Positions are located at the VA Medical Center in Dublin, GA.
Physician reports directly to the Service Line Manager. Other duties may include screening outpatients to determine need for further care, ordering diagnostic studies, carrying out health promotion and disease prevention activities, initiating and expediting requests for consultations and scheduling special tests and studies. Physician may be on rotation to do Medical Officer on Duty (MOD) calls once per month.
Physician may be on rotation for second on call back up duty to the (MOD) on a quarterly basis. Complies with national and local performance measures, including timely health care screening and complete of clinical reminders for all patients.
Salary Range: Up To: $243,000 per year
A recruitment/relocation incentive may be authorized for a highly qualified candidate
Selected candidate may be eligible for student loan repayment thru the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Participation is based on funds availability.
Citizenship: Must be a U.S. citizen. Non-citizens can be considered if no qualified citizen can be found.
Education: Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the the degree was granted. (schools including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full unrestricted licensure. (schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association.)
Licensure: Current, full and unrestricted licensure to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
Language Proficiency: Must be proficient in spoken and written English.
Board certification by the appropriate American Board for internal medicine/family practice is preferred.
Welcome to Dublin! The Emerald City, and Laurens County, where small town southern charm and a determination to keep Dublin Laurens County Green and Growing have combined to create a community rich in character and full of life. The City of Dublin was incorporated by the Georgia Assembly on December 9th, 1812, and made the county seat. http://www.cityofdublin.org/history/index/index.php
If interested in learning more information about this position please email an updated CV to email@example.com or call Sam Wright at 334-294-6130.
The Carl Vinson VA Medical Center is located on a beautifully landscaped 75-acre tract in Dublin, Georgia. The 340 operating-bed facility provides both acute and extended care services and has approximately 800+ employees providing comprehensive health care to veterans in Middle and South Georgia.
Services provided at the medical center include primary care, mental health, ambulatory and primary care, optometry, women’s health, and extended care, as well as specialized programs to include cardiology, pulmonary, general surgery, podiatry, urology, and physical therapy. Mental Health services available include treatment for substance abuse, post-traumatic stress disorder, and general psychiatric care.
In addition to the services available at our medical center, Primary Care services are provided at three community based outpatient clinics (CBOCs) - located in Albany, Macon, and Perry, Georgia.
The Carl Vinson VAMC has established partnerships with schools of higher education and is categorized at Education Level 3. The primary affiliate is with Midwestern University, College of Health Services, with which VA has developed a unique and very close professional relationship. CVVAMC has a range of clinical disciplines and continues to receive requests for new affiliations. We have active affiliate agreements with 24 college and university programs in many fields, including; Surgical Technology, Ambulatory Care Clerkship, Pharmacy & Health Professions, Registered Nurse & Medical Technician, Physician Assistants, Professional Programs in Nursing & Nurse Practitioners, Recreation & Sports Management, Psychology, Health & Kinesiology, Leadship Technology & Human Development, Bio-Medical, Personal Care Assisting & Respiratory Therapy, Nurse Practitioner Masters Level, Marriage & Family Therapy, Psychiatry, Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, Nursing - BSN & MS, Associate Degree in Nursing, Doctor of Pharmacy, Dental Assisting, Allied Health and Rehabilitation Counseling.
On an average, we sponsor around 4 physician assistant students per quarter, 2 surgical technicians per quarter, 2 pharmacy technicians every 5 weeks and around 15 nursing students every 3 to 4 months.
34 Medical and Surgical
161 Nursing Home Care
145 Domiciliary Care (including Homeless Veterans Program)
Type of Facility
* Domiciliary - serves as a VISN 7 resource
* Emergency Department
* Intensive Care Unit
* Mental Health Clinic
* Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment
* Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
* Women's Health Clinic
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S.Territories.
More than 7.9 million Veterans, their family members, and survivors are enrolled in the VA Health System, with more than 6.3 million seeking treatment each year. Currently, that annual treatment involves 773,600 inpatient visits and 60 million outpatient visits. About 250,000 full-time employees and 90,000 health professional trainees work in interdisciplinary care teams to deliver those patient services daily.
VA's patient population crosses a wide spectrum of individuals, from elderly World War II Veterans, to baby boomer Vietnam Vets, to today's younger heroes who served during the Gulf War era and in the present day Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. VA also serves a growing number of women Veterans, who currently account for seven percent of the total Veteran population.
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation
- 10 paid Federal holidays per year
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits, 2) FERS-RAE basic benefits (pension), and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee’s salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee’s salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2020, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $19,500, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $25,500.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years’ service