Overland Park Regional Medical Center (OPRMC) is assisting with the recruitment of an experienced or newly graduating Pediatric Surgeon to join a growing pediatric surgery practice in Overland Park, Kansas. OPRMC is part of HCA Midwest Health, the largest healthcare network in the Kansas City area, as ranked by Becker's Hospital Review.
Our team of experienced Pediatric Surgeons and sub-specialists work in conjunction with Pediatric Anesthesiologists to perform inpatient procedures at Overland Park Regional Medical Center and outpatient procedures at our ambulatory surgery centers. The practice is heavily weighted with neonatal cases and provides an opportunity to participate in a growing Fetal Surgery Program. The group offers shared call and the opportunity to maintain a balanced lifestyle while developing professionally as part of an expanding pediatric general surgical practice. The pediatric surgery program will also be involved in the general surgery residency program being established by HCA.
Competitive compensation available with full, comprehensive benefits included. The incoming physician will be afforded a base guarantee with a production-based incentive plan, along with a variety of other great benefits including but not limited to relocation, sign on bonus, employee stock purchase, 401K, health, dental, vision, among many others! This opportunity features stability with 50 years of healthcare industry experience, the ability to provide programmatic input and the opportunity to participate alongside physicians in quality improvement initiatives.
ABOUT Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Overland Park Regional Medical Center (OPRMC) is a licensed, 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services, including a Level II Trauma Center, accredited chest pain center, The Women's Center, Level III Neonatal ICU, Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology (COEMIG), advanced diagnostic imaging, diabetes center and many other services.
Our hospital features:
* 71-bed, level III NICU - most advanced NICU in Johnson County--equipped and staffed to care for 'micro-preemies' born as early as 22 weeks;
* NICU staff includes 175+ specialized healthcare professionals
* The first and only hospital in Johnson County to offer whole body cooling for infants born with birth-related brain injury
* Dedicated neonatal transport team serving Kansas City and outlying areas
* Dedicated Pediatric Emergency Department offering 24/7 care exceeding the national average for pediatric ER readiness with an additional two free-standing emergency rooms in Shawnee and Olathe
* Johnson County's only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit with board certified Intensivists and Specialists-- newly built PICU with private pediatric rooms including a bathroom and expanded capacity for patients and families
* A comprehensive team of pediatric specialists, pediatric RNs, Child Life Specialists, among others!
ABOUT HCA Midwest Health
At HCA Midwest Health, comprised of seven acute care hospitals, three managed partner hospitals, outpatient centers, clinics, physician practices and surgery centers, we are focused on delivering exceptional healthcare services to the residents of the community. Everything we do is designed to benefit patients in the communities we serve. We know that area residents, like most patients everywhere, prefer to be treated close to home. Our system consists of the area's largest hospital network and largest physician group, an advantage which allows us to easily direct patients to the right care in the place most convenient for them.
ABOUT Kansas City
Kansas ranked in the top places to practice medicine by MedScape with a community offering lots of dining, shopping, and recreational opportunities. Johnson County ranks highest in the state for health outcomes, quality of life, healthy behaviors, and clinical care. According to MedScape, "Overland Park, a growing suburban city of more than 185,000 residents located 20 minutes south of Kansas City in Johnson County, has made Livability.com's top-100 list 3 years in a row, ranking 14th this year. Often cited as a great place for families and kids-owing to its low crime rate, stable economy, and schools that earn high marks. Residents are better educated and have a median household income roughly 35% higher than the national average.'
We are located in the heart of Kansas City with a community that is consistently listed as one of the top 10 places to live in the U.S. due to the affordability of housing, great job market, cultural interests, sports activities and facilities, school systems and geographic location. Kansas City is the perfect balance of nice and hospitable, as well as competitive and passionately driven. From all-star athletes and Pulitzer Prize winners to entrepreneurs and up-and-coming young professionals, KC is full of game-changers. The Huffington Post, National Geographic, CNBC and Thrillist all agree, Kansas City is a top place to live and work. Kansas City is a two-state region that encompasses 18 counties and is home to more than 2.3 million Kansas Citians. We encourage you to flip through the pages of KC Options magazine to learn more about the many communities, cultural and culinary assets, see a map of the metro area and much more.
To learn more about OPRMC and the OP community, please visit:
Be a part of Kansas City's premier women's and children's hospital in Overland Park, KS! Apply today. Applicants will be accepted until qualified candidates are identified. AA/EOE. This position does not qualify for Visa sponsorship.
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 350-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians. Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women's Center with a Level III NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. With the support of 700+ physicians and 1300+ staff, we offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
Services include but are not limited to:
* Ambulatory surgery centers
* Cancer care
* Cardiology including a state of the art Electrophysiology program
* Diabetes center
* Education and support groups
* Emergency services with a nationally accredited Level II Trauma Center and dedicated Pediatric ER
* Joint replacement program
* Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
* Pediatric services featuring the only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Johnson County
* Pulmonary & respiratory services
* Radiology/Imaging services
* Sleep Lab & Sleep Disorder Center
* Sports Medicine featuring a concussion management program
* Surgical services including Center for Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
* Women's Center with comprehensive services including a dedicated antepartum unit, fetal surgery and onsite Perinatologists
About Kansas City:
* Kansas City consistently ranks as one of the top 10 places to live in the U.S.
* The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people, comprised of 18 counties and 50 communities--offering a diverse economy that mirrors the U.S., allowing companies to take calculated risk and test new products.
* Home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others!
* KCI features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. New airport enhancements and renovations underway!
* On average, housing in KC is 22 percent less than the U.S. average and the average commute time is 23 minutes or less. The affordability and balance in lifestyle allow you to propel yourself personally faster without compromising your ability to access world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and sporting events!
* Kansas City is a community that feeds your passion-regardless of your interests outside of the workplace. For the sports enthusiast-check out the KC Chiefs, Sporting KC and KC Royals. For the food enthusiast-KC features four James Beard Award winning chefs and about a dozen finalists. For the creative and cultural aficionado-- internationally known museums, dynamic gallery districts and outstanding performances create a colorful palette for locals to enjoy.
* Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now. Eight key factors were considered when creating this list including work-life balance, compensation, opportunities for advancement, resources and more. Forbes, The Huffington Post, National Geographic, CNBC and Thrillist all agree, Kansas City is a top place to live and work.
* Overland Park, Kansas comes in at No. 6 and is consistently ranked as one of the best cities for raising children, growing up and retiring, according to CBS News. According to Livability, amenities are plentiful in Overland Park and Johnson County, with 83 parks and open spaces, four small lakes and six sports facilities. It has been rated by Livability.com as the Top Soccer City in the country, with a $36 million soccer facility that's considered one-of-a-kind.