Due to growing market demands, Salina Regional Health Center, is now seeking a BE/BC Orthopedic Surgeon to round out our team. Have the ability to practice a wide breadth of Orthopedics including; Implants, Arthroscopy & Trauma. Salina has a population of 50,000 but pulls in patients from a region of 250,000 people.
- Work in new clinic space with partners experienced in sports medicine, shoulder, and trauma. Also practicing in the clinic is a non-operative sports medicine physician. Ideal candidate should have specialty training in sports medicine, hand surgery or foot/ankle and be willing to take general orthopedic call.
- Stryker Mako Robot - one of three communities in Kansas to offer this technology
- Each surgeon will have an advanced practice provider, athletic trainer, nurse, medical technician and receptionist
- Clinic is next door to the hospital, making life convenient for surgeon
- Be instrumental and a leader in the establishment of this new service line and robotics program
- Supportive hospital administration
- Block OR scheduling
- Large referral base; SRHC employs 24 primary care physicians in four communities
- SRHC is a non-profit, 501(c)3 facility and qualifies under the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- TEACH! Salina is home to KU School of Medicine-Salina and Smoky Hill Family Medicine Residency
About Salina Regional Health Center
- High functioning level III trauma center
- Eight operating rooms with daVinci Xi and Si technology; as well as Brainlab and Stryker Mako Robotics
- HFAP Certified Primary Stroke Center and Accredited Chest Pain Center through the American College of Cardiology
- Certified for 365 beds; average census is 150-160
- 100% private patient rooms with lifts
- 18 bed ICU with intensivist coverage and hospitalist program
- Salina Regional Medical Group employs 80 physicians and 50 APP's
- Specialties available for patients include; 24/7 cardiothoracic surgery, neurosurgery, oncology, neurology, pulmonology & more!
- Great work environment & resources as the average physician tenure is 17 years!
- Loan Repayment
- Sign on bonus
- Relocation allowance
- CME time off and allowance
- Paid malpractice
- Medical, dental & vision
- Retirement plus match
- Base compensation plus patient quality, satisfaction and production bonuses
- Stipend for residents as they finish their last two years of training
About Salina, Kansas
- Located in the heart of Kansas, population 50,000
- Regional airport with daily flights to Denver & Chicago
- GREAT schools and fantastic community to raise a family
- Large farming and industrial community
- Like the outdoors? Close to many golf courses, lakes, hiking trails & state parks
- Great options for arts & entertainment
- Hobbies?? We have them! Golf, disc golf, hiking, biking, running, theatre, dancing, skiing, boating, camping, exploring, shopping, cultural events, spirituality, aviation, semi-professional football team, drive in theatre, swimming, photography, dining, history, pottery and much, much more!!!
- Ideal location as Salina is 1.5 hours north of Wichita, 2.5 hours west of Kansas City, 4 hours from Omaha, NE & 6 hours to Denver, CO.
Salina Regional Health Center has the region’s most comprehensive surgical services unit, performing a variety of surgeries. SRHC has eight operating rooms, each equipped with modern, state-of-the-art surgical equipment and technology. With this level of technology investment, SRHC is performing cutting-edge procedures and was one of the first in north central Kansas to offer the da Vinci Surgical System.
Listen to Dr. Robert Freelove, CMO, discuss what it's like to practice in Salina.
Click here to find out why Dr. Britton Zuccarelli and her husband, Jordan, chose Salina as their home.
Exciting things happening at Salina Regional Health Center
Salina Regional Health Center (SRHC) located in Salina, Kansas is a not-for-profit comprehensive acute care hospital that serves all of north central Kansas. Our commitment to excellence makes a difference in people's lives, giving them the confidence that comes from getting better and stronger, every day. At Salina Regional, physicians practice old-fashioned compassion, complemented with the latest technologies to make healing happen even faster, delivering confidence for today, for the future, and for the good life.
A Leader in Healthcare
- In June 2018 SRHC received Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI Accreditation from the American College of Cardiology.
- In January 2017 SRHC was awarded Primary Stroke Certification by the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP).
- In May 2016, SRHC launched Salina Regional Orthopedic Clinic, a comprehensive orthopedic clinic with a focus on sports medicine.
- In January 2016 SRHC launched a telemedicine service line, Vcare, to include behavioral health, nutritional & diabetic counseling and general surgery.
- August 2014 SRHC received an award for HealthCare’s 2014 Most Wired Hospital. Health Networks magazine named Salina Regional Health Center among the 2014 Most Wired Hospitals. SRHC was one of four hospitals in Kansas to earn the Most Wired designation.
- June 1, 2013 COMCARE, a family medicine clinic, joined Salina Regional Health Center. We now employ 80 physicians and 50 advanced practice providers.
- Fall 2013 SRHC completed a new 18 bed Intensive Care Unit. This expansion comes on the heels of our $70 million dollar six story patient tower and 26 bed Emergency Room.
- In 2013 SRHC achieved Level III Trauma verification from the American College of Surgeons.
- Salina is home to the University of Kansas School of Medicine Salina campus and to KU Smoky Hill Family Medicine Residency Program.
- SRHC has been recognized for our commitment to quality care, community service and state-of-the-art medical equipment with additions of a PET Scan, 128 slice CT, da Vinci Robotic Surgical System, HALO Ablation Catheter and coming soon a new Brain Lab.
Salina is a progressive city with a growing population of 50,000. A diverse economy and strong work ethic allows the community to continually rank among Kansas' best in areas such as cost of living, regional trade pull, unemployment, and personal income. Our community serves as the regional hub for state-of-the-art medical services and also serves as the regional hub for retail trade and entertainment. Our community also provides many educational opportunities that range from private and public grade schools to four year universities. Enjoy the areas vast recreational amenities, some of which include our beautiful golf courses, parks and lakes. The performing arts center, community theater, remarkable zoo and entertaining festivals are among the many activities you and your family will enjoy.
Salina has been selected by Business Week magazine as one of the best places in Kansas to raise your kids! For those of us familiar with the community, this is no surprise.