Pulmonary Critical Care Opportunity in Louisiana
LA, Ruston – Northern Louisiana Medical Center
30 minutes from Monroe, 1 hour from Shreveport
Open to J1 & H1B Candidates
Seeking a Pulmonologist/Critical Care in Northern Louisiana College Town.
Northern Louisiana Medical Center, a 171 bed hospital, is assisting in recruitment of a BC/BE Pulmonary/Critical Care physician to provide coverage for referrals from 5 parishes! Join another pulmonary/critical care physician who is supportive of bringing on another physician.
• Potential for growth and busy practice.
• Partnership track to join a 50+ Physician Strong Medical Group
• 17 bed Open ICU
• Sleep candidate preferred
• Sleep Lab is located in the hospital
• Physician would provide coverage at hospital and at a Long-Term Acute Care facility which is across the street from the hospital.
• $12 Million hospital renovation budgeted over the next two years.
• 15 Primary Care physicians serve as a referral base
Ruston, LA is located in Northern Louisiana, right on I-20, just 30 minutes from Monroe and an hour to Shreveport and has a population well over 45,000 people in Lincoln Parish.
• Home of Louisiana Tech University and Grambling State University
• #1 rated golf course in Louisiana – Squire Creek Country Club designed by Tom Fazio
• Annual Peach Festival
• Two airports within 1 Hour that connect to DFW, IAH and ATL international airports
• Small town living that supports families, children, and their community.
• Tons of city amenities!
• Shreveport amenities (casinos, entertainment, concerts, and musicals) are 1 hour away
The hospital will assist financially in recruitment and will offer a competitive recruitment package which may include:
• First year income guarantee to back up employment agreement from group
• Sign on and/or commencement bonuses
• Relocation, CME, licensure expenses
• Possible stipend for the remainder of training
• Medical education loan repayment assistance
Ready to learn more? Complete our video screening to introduce yourself to the hospital administration team and begin the application process.
Visit Northern Louisiana Medical Center: http://www.northernlouisianamedicalcenter.com/Northern-Louisiana-Medical-Center/home.aspx
Visit Ruston, LA: http://www.rustonlincoln.com/ & http://www.ruston.org/
Northern Louisiana Medical Center is a 159-bed facility with a 12 bed Long Term Care skilled Nursing unit, in Ruston, LA. We are accredited by The Joint Commission. Ruston has a population of 20,546 and is located just off I-20 between Shreveport and Monroe. The hospital is highly accessible to patients located throughout its primary service area, Lincoln Parish, which is a growing area in North Louisiana, and has a population of 45,000.
The economy in Ruston and Lincoln Parish is firmly rooted in education by Louisiana Tech and Grambling State University, the two largest employers in the area. Other companies include:
- Weyerhauser - Administrative offices and several manufacturing plants
- St. Gobain Containers - Supply Tobasco bottles
- Federal Home Products - Stainless steel kitchen products
- Smurfit-stone Containers - pulp and paper manufacturer
- Davidson Transportation - Long distance trucking
- Hogan Hardwoods - Lumber
We have lots of out door activities:
- Fishing and Hunting
- Squire Creek Country Club, 18 hole golf course designed by Tom Fazio
- Annual Squire Creek Louisiana Peach Festival
- LA Tech University Golf Course
- Ruston Country Club
- Antique Shopping
- Louisiana Military Museum