IU Health Physicians - Hospitalist - Downtown Indianapolis, Indiana
Indiana University Health Physicians has an employment opportunity for hospitalists to join their team for night-time shift coverage at IU Health Methodist and University Hospital's located in downtown Indianapolis, Indiana.
Employment Opportunity Details:
- 100% Inpatient
- Block Schedule: 12 hour shifts; 7on/7off
- 5-7 admits/night
- Procedures optional
- Teaching opportunities
- Requires: MD, Internal Medicine, Eligible for Indiana Medical License
- Perform direct patient care involving usual inpatient hospital services: diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease and disability in a hospital setting during nighttime hours
- Services include hospital admissions, inpatient consultations and discharge education
- Participate in daily huddles and collaborative rounding with nursing staff
- Physicians can receive an adjunct faculty position in the Department of Internal Medicine at IU School of Medicine
- Competitive salary with tenured RVU model
- Occurrence-based Malpractice
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
Indiana University Health is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educator, Employer and Contractor, M/F/D.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 14th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" five consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- "Best Places to Live in America" according to Money in 2017 included Fishers, IN at number one, Carmel at number 16, Avon at number 17 and Greenwood at number 22.
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati
IU Health Methodist Hospital is one of two adult Level One Trauma Centers in Indiana with 782 beds. IU Health Methodist Hospital is a national and regional health care leader through its commitment to excellence, accessibility and prominence. IU Health Methodist Hospital is also designated as a Magnet® Hospital, recognizing excellence in nursing services and high-quality clinical outcomes for patients.
It is home to the Fairbanks Center for Medical Ethics, one of the few clinically-based medical ethics centers in the country, and home to the IU Health Methodist Research Institute which conducts outcomes-based research to understand how medical practices, health policies and health care spending affect the quality of patient outcomes.
Notable facts include:
- Nationally ranked organ transplant center based on total transplant volume (bone marrow, heart, intestine, kidney, liver, lung and pancreas); one of only a few centers nationally to have each of these programs certified by Medicare.
- Largest neuroscience critical care unit in the country.
- One of the largest critical care departments in the country.
- Award-winning comprehensive cardiac critical care unit.
- First, largest and most comprehensive intensive care patient electronic monitoring system (e-ICU) in Central Indiana.
- Nationally ranked orthopedic services.
- Statewide leader in staff physician specialties, with specialists onsite 24 hours a day.
- Nationally ranked urology program and home to the International Kidney Stone Institute.
- Over 1,500 geriatric patient visits per year for medical treatment, education, counseling and research.