Ohio based Akron Children’s Hospital seeks an experienced Pediatric Neurologist to join its expanding Neurology Division. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and was recently named by Modern Healthcare as the fastest growing children’s hospital in the nation!
Akron Children’s Hospital is nationally ranked by US News and World Report in Neurology, along with six additional pediatric specialties, and is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes:
- Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
- 800 providers, who manage over 900,000 patient visits annually
- A network of 80 primary and specialty care locations
- Robust research and innovation endeavors
The successful candidate will provide Neurology services to outreach communities expanding the services of a dedicated team of 8 pediatric neurologists and 4 nurse practitioners who provide care in Akron Children’s Hospital’s NeuroDevelopmental Science Center. The Center brings together the expertise of 6 pediatric specialties including: Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Physiatry, Neuropsychology and Psychology, to deliver quality care to the patients served.
This position offers opportunities for:
- Partnership with an established team of neurologists affording exceptional work-life balance
- Primarily outpatient practice with minimal call responsibilities
- A predictable and stable compensation plan as well as bonus compensation
- An attractive compensation and benefit package
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience
- A $2,000 monthly fellowship stipend and a $60,000 retention bonus
Requirements include MD or DO degree, board certification in Pediatric Neurology and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.
Akron Children’s Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just minutes south of Cleveland. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community will have outdoor enthusiasts thrilled with over 40,000 acres of Metro Parks for year round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premier destination to work, live, play, shop and dine!
Interested candidates may contact Jane Hensley, Physician Recruiter at 330-543-3015 or email@example.com. To learn more, visit our website at www.akronchildrens.org.
Akron Children’s Hospital Beeghly campus houses a 25-bed pediatric inpatient unit; an ER; surgical services; laboratory; pharmacy and radiology services; rehabilitation (physical, occupational and speech); a special care nursery, transport services, and an EEG lab. The Beeghly campus also offers a pediatric diabetes and endocrinology clinic; the center for blood cancer an infusion center a child advocacy center; and support services such as the McFamily respite center, where families can rest or freshen up in homelike comfort.