Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
The Team – The Hospital
Our critical care physicians share ideas with like-minded peers and are truly advancing the practice of critical care medicine. We are a team of dedicated healers, inspired leaders, and the next generation of critical care innovators.
St. Bernardine Medical Center is a 342-bed, acute care, not-for-profit teaching hospital in San Bernardino, California. The hospital offers a full complement of services, including the Inland Empire Heart and Vascular Institute, an award-winning orthopedics program, surgical weight loss, and is an official Neurovascular Stroke Center, as designated by ICEMA.
In July of 2020, St Bernardine is starting a Critical Care or Pulmonary Critical Care fellowship with UC Riverside. This is an excellent opportunity to teach and develop a Critical Care fellowship program, in a private practice model.
- 46 bed ICU – High acuity, mixed ICU, with complex cardiovascular cases
- Established 6 physician team
- Manageable patient census
- EMR: Cerner with dragon for dictation
- 24/7 coverage - block schedule with 12-hour shifts (no call)
- Experienced and collaborative leadership - significant opportunities for career development and growth
- Competitive compensation, incentives, robust benefits package, CME allowance, 401k, partnership track, sign-on bonus, and more!
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized by HealthGrades as America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery™ for 5 Years in a Row (2013-2017)
- Five-star recipient for Treatment for Sepsis for six years in a row (2010-2017)
- Leapfrog "A" Grade for Patient Safety
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be board eligible or board certified in critical care medicine and hold an active California medical license and DEA
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
- Fellows and recent grads welcome to apply
Location & Lifestyle
San Bernardino highlights Big Bear and Snow Summit Mountains that give you skiing, fishing, biking, and special events year round. With affordable living costs, paired with close proximity to Los Angeles, Palm Springs, and San Diego, San Bernardino is located in the heart of Southern California, nestled at the base of local mountain resorts. San Bernardino is within a short driving distance to beaches, deserts, and mountain resorts. Neighboring towns of Redlands, Loma Linda, Rancho Cucamonga, Mentone, and Chino Hills are excellent communities to raise a family.
- Top rated schools
- Local mountain resort w/fishing, hiking and snowboarding
- Palm Springs – (less than 1 hour from San Bernardino)
- Los Angeles – 1 hour drive from San Bernardino
- Beautiful desert w/Golf, Tennis, Spas
- Affordable housing