Academic Telepsychiatry Job in Greenville, NC
ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FROM SEARCH FIRMS FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
The Department of Psychiatric Medicine at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University is accepting applications for BE/BC Adult Psychiatrists to serve as full time faculty psychiatrist position to provide clinical services, predominantly via telepsychiatry, to patients presenting in the emergency departments of hospitals affiliated with the North Carolina Statewide Telepsychiatry Program (NC-STeP), a major program under the Center of Telepsychiatry and e-Behavioral Health (CTeBH). Candidate will provide services located in Greenville, NC at the outpatient clinic for BSOM. New graduates and Visa candidates are encouraged to apply.
NC-STeP continues to grow and will be expanding to 80 plus hospitals across the state of North Carolina within the next 12 months. The current network includes 71 hospitals. The psychiatrist will spend most of his/her time providing direct clinical service.
The successful candidates will spend most of his/her time providing direct clinical service. The position will report to the Medical Director of the Center.
Job Highlights include:
- Will assist with monitoring and improving NC-STeP outcomes; integrating with community based providers; and implementing evidenced based practices.
- The position emphasizes a leadership role and an active engagement in clinical, educational, and scholarly activities.
- Experience in providing telepsychiatry services and in emergency psychiatry
- Newly expanded 22,000 sq. ft. outpatient facility
- Requirements include MD or equivalent degree from an appropriately accredited institution, Completion of accredited residency training, and Qualified for board certification in psychiatry. Must be eligible for medical licensure in the State of North Carolina
- Salary and academic rank (tenure track or fixed term) commensurate with experience and academic background
- Relocation Assistance
- CME Days & Reimbursement
- Malpractice (with tail)
- State Benefits
- Life Insurance
The School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 974-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, are interested in learning more about our psychiatry opportunity based in Greenville, NC, then please contact Ashley Rudolph at email@example.com or call (252) 847-1944.