Internal Medicine Outpatient Practice - Fargo ND
Sanford Health is currently seeking a Board Certified or Board Eligible Internal Medicine physician to join its 16-member group in the growing community of Fargo, North Dakota. In addition to the large Internal Medicine Department in Fargo-Moorhead, Sanford employs several internal medicine physicians at regional locations.
- With the availability of 25 full-time hospitalists at Sanford Medical Center, internists can focus on their clinic practices
- Clinic based internists have telephone call only. It is rotated through the department members, which will equal approximately 1-2 weeknights/month and one weekend of call every 3 months.
- Clinic based internists have the opportunity to provide 6 weeks of hospital coverage, if they choose.
- The internal medicine group work as ‘provider teams’. Each team includes a physician, APP and primary nurse.
- APPs round on nursing home patients on a regular basis with the physician visiting the patient once a month.
- Sanford’s internists have undertaken innovative projects such as team based care, advanced medical home projects, collaborative pharmacist (agreements), and shared medical appointments.
- Through Sanford’s collaboration with the University of North Dakota School of Medicine, internists have the opportunity to teach and mentor medical students and residents.
- Sanford has subspecialists in several areas that provide easy access to the internist for the level of care their patients may require.
- Sanford’s new $494 million state-of-the-art facility opened in July 2017, housing a new primary care clinic that has won design awards for efficiency and optimal patient flow.
Sanford Health offers a guaranteed salary for the first two years, as well as comprehensive benefits, paid malpractice insurance, relocation allowance and much more.
To learn more about Sanford Health and this excellent practice opportunity contact:
Lisa Christianson, Physician Recruiter
Sanford Health Physician Recruitment
PO Box 2010
Fargo ND 58122-1853
Phone: (701) 417-4888
Sanford Health is the largest rural not-for-profit health care system in the ,,,,Nation and is dedicated to excellence in patient care, innovation and pioneering integrated care. Our model of integrated health provides care through physicians, hospitals, health plan, research and education. Our reputation of excellence is founded on our talented team of over 1,400 primary and specialty care physicians located in 140 locations throughout Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota. These practices are all networked by our state-of-the art EMR system -- EPIC.
With more than 27,000 employees, Sanford Health is the largest employer in North and South Dakota. The system is experiencing dynamic growth and development in conjunction with T. Denny Sanford's gift, the largest gift ever to a health care organization in America. This gift is making possible the implementation of several initiatives including global children's clinics in China, Ireland, Africa, Israel and Mexico., multiple research centers, eradicating breast cancer and finding a cure for Type 1 diabetes.
The metropolitan community that includes the ,,,,City of Fargo ,,,,, West Fargo, ND and Moorhead, MN is located in Cass County, ,,,,ND and Clay County, MN. ,,,, The extended community is ,,,,along the Red River of the North which forms the border between ,,,,Minnesota and North Dakota. ,,,,This robust, metropolitan, community of nearly 216,000 continues to grow at a comfortable rate and offers the best of both worlds. ,,,,More than 26,000 college students contribute to the area’s entrepreneurial spirit, its educated workforce and to national rankings as a #2 Metro in the U.S., Top 50 Digital City and Smartest City in the U.S.
The community is large enough to support many amenities of a large urban setting such as an International Airport, Community Theater, Symphony, three ,,,,universities and a community college, ,,,,a ,,,,professional baseball team and a zoo ,,,,yet not so large as to generate the drawbacks such as ,,,,a high crime rate, traffic congestion and pollution.
Thirty-six arts and cultural organizations and the three university communities generate cultural and sporting events for all to enjoy. Year-round sports and recreational activity for children and young adults are provided through the schools, park districts, private organizations and the YMCA.
Three public school districts and two parochial school systems offer a wide selection of high-quality courses at all levels.
The area enjoys four seasons with low humidity making for pleasant spring, summer and autumn days. Average high temperature is 16 degrees in January and 82 degrees in July.
Fargo's ,,,,historic central business district is a vibrant commercial ,,,,area providing unique opportunities for housing, shopping, dining and entertainment. West Acres Regional Shopping Center is located at the junction of Interstate Highways I-94 and I-29. Neighborhood and specialty malls are located throughout the city.
Fargo is home of the North Dakota State University Bison, playing Division I football in the Summit League. ,,,,
Chamber of Commerce ,,,,Arts and Culture
Colleges and Universities
Hector International Airport
Symphony and Community Theater
Visitors and Convention Bureau
Parks and Recreation
FM Red Hawks
Red River Zoo
When you join Sanford Health you will join a leader in the health care industry in the Upper Midwest. ,,,,Sanford offers:
- Excellent salary package, including comprehensive benefits, relocation allowance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Research and academic opportunities
- Call schedules allowing for meaningful family time
- Excellent referral base from Sanford Health primary care clinics
- No partnership buy-in costs
- State-of-the-art technology
For more information regarding this excellent practice opportunity contact:
Sanford Health Physician Placement (Fargo Region)
510 6th Ave N, Suite A
P O Box 2010
Fargo, ND 58122-2181
Phone: (701) 234-6510
Fax: (701) 234-6575